Thursday, February 1, 2018

Throwback Thursday: Be a Doer



My Brain is constantly moving, digesting, and computing from lessons of the past.  I am always trying to review, understand, and apply the lessons that the Lord has presented me.  I can't always keep up but I try really hard.

One way that I try to keep up is to review something that he has already taught me: hence the Throwback Thursday idea.  I'm just sharing with you what he has taught me and in case you have forgotten, I'm bringing it up again!

I remember when God was teaching me about taking action.  This Life is not about sitting back and letting others do the work.  This life is not about hoping and waiting for the God to fix everything . . . Instead we were placed here for a reason.  We are meant to learn and grow from this life so that we can enter into the next.  If we are not prepared then we will not enjoy the wedding feast.  Better yet, some of us are expecting to be the bride, all dressed in white, but most of us will only be guests, while others will be locked out, and others even asked to leave.

I encourage you saints of God to live obedient to the word of God.  Answer the call that God has placed on you life.  Be a doer and not a hearer only.  Get busy for God, and not busy for this world.  The following is an excerpt from an article I wrote last May:


This is confusing to explain.  Yes, we caste the burden on the Lord, but no we do not sit back and let things just happen.  We have to take an active role in our responsibilities to the Lord:

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." James 1:22

So, it is important to find out what it means to be a doer of the word.  Being a doer of the word means to go through the whole process.  We can't just stop at the receiving our salvation.  That would be like going to Pre-school then saying 'I'm done!  We must lead a changed life, by hearing the Holy spirit and follow the directions given to us by the Holy Spirit.  You can not hear the voice of the Holy Spirit if you do not know the language.  You only learn the language by spending time in the word.  Studying, reading, praying, and communicating with the Lord teaches you the language.  You follow God the father, son, and Holy Spirit (all are one in different forms), through your faith that you have, that this is really happening.  Trials come to build your faith up.  Believing, even after the storm, that yes this is happening!
I think this was my confusion when I was younger.  I thought I could live my life, and try my best to be a good Christian, by not drinking, cursing, or doing drugs.  I thought that I was a good Christian because I went to church, taught Sunday School, and participated in Church activities.  I thought I was doing what I was supposed to be doing.  I prayed, I read my bible, and I did my best. . .




However Friends 

I have learned that drawing closer to the Lord requires more commitment, more time, and more growth on my part.  I am no longer a sit back, go with the flow type Christian. I write this blog because God called me to do it.  I have some more things on the list to do but at least I know that I am willing and that I have started.  I am doing this because God needs me to.  He is also preparing me for more.  I do this work for the Lord, I do it with the confidence that it provides a service to you.

I used to asked my mother why it always seemed like I would get excited for Christ but then that excitement would die down.  She simply explained to me that it was all apart of my spiritual growth.  Your spiritual growth takes conditioning.  God has to train us in order to run these long distance races.  We have to learn how not to be tired out by worldly affairs, but instead dedicate our lives to the work of the Lord.  When we seek after the Lord and his Kingdom we will receive our reward.  When we serve the Lord with our whole self we will receive the reward of the inheritance.  

Only family will receive the invite to the wedding.  How many times have you been called?  Answer your call.  Answer your invitation.

check out these past articles:

 Be a Doer

 

Live Life Worthy of a Calling 

http://artteacher4purpose.blogspot.com/2017/05/life-life-post-119-live-life-worthy-of.html

 

Remember to Live Your Life on Purpose 

You are special to God, we need you to answer the call

Until Next Time

-Tamorra

1 comment:

  1. That was a great reminder. Keep doing the will of God sister. I would always like to read your book as well.

    ReplyDelete