Friday, April 21, 2017

Live Life: post 96 What is New Age?

post  96  New Age- My Quick Calculations on the Subject . . .


I had recently been accused of being a new age thought encourager, so I had to look up exactly why. . .

I had asked the person to explain why they thought so but I never got a response back.  I had a idea of what a new ager was but I want to do more research to find out more details.  And where do you go to find out more about something, why Wikipedia of course!?

Well maybe not totally a good source but a good place to start.  Briefly this is what it said:

The New Thought movement (also "Higher Thought"[1]) is a philosophical movement which developed in the United States in the 19th century, considered by many to have been derived from the unpublished writings of Phineas Quimby. . .

New Thought holds that Infinite Intelligence, or God, is everywhere, spirit is the totality of real things, true human selfhood is divine, divine thought is a force for good, sickness originates in the mind, and "right thinking" has a healing effect.[4][5]
Although New Thought is neither monolithic nor doctrinaire, in general, modern-day adherents of New Thought share some core beliefs:
  1. God or Infinite Intelligence is "supreme, universal, and everlasting";
  2. divinity dwells within each person, that all people are spiritual beings;
  3. "the highest spiritual principle [is] loving one another unconditionally... and teaching and healing one another"; and
  4. "our mental states are carried forward into manifestation and become our experience in daily living".[

OMG!


Now I'm thinking to my self, "maybe I am a new ager and I didn't know it", but wait there is an important thing missing here . . . where is Jesus?!!




Here's the thing guys, I entered into a new wave of a spiritual walk with Jesus in May of last year.  When I say this, it may sound weird to some but it is so very real to me.  I am building my relationship with God and God is showing me things that are beyond my natural understanding.  He specifically told me to write everything down, document so that people understand what they are going to go through on this type of journey.  There is a urgency in his deliver.  But God says, you see the signs and you will start seeing even more signs, but the end is not yet.

God is telling me that this is the time that he is pouring out his spirit to his people and revealing truths that only his chosen can fully understand.  There is some truth to the above statements, however those truths are only fully understood through the divine revelation of the Holy Spirit. With that said,  the New Age Movement is a lie and a trick of the devil!!!

Does this mean that we become afraid of things, No. But my oh my, reading some of the information out there on New age thought is very scary.  People are about to dabble and are dabbling with things that they have no business messing with.


Hence, I am not apart of the New Age Movement!


Let me briefly tell you why . . .

I am a Christian, point blank.  Through my journey the devil has tempted me with a lot of new information, trying to bait me with prosperity, power, identity, and promises of intellectual achievement.  The enemy is not stupid, he knows where to attack and he knows our weaknesses.  One of his main tactics he uses is mixing the truth with a lie.  He presents it as whole truth, then he sets the trap and watches us run with the lie, convincing ourselves that we can achieve happiness on our own.  Convincing ourselves that we can create our own destinies.


LOL, the only thing we create for ourselves is suffering, despair and an unfulfilled life!!  Especially when we don't know Jesus.



Let's address New Age Thought . . .


This is going to be a long conversation. . . I am going to do a more intense break down of this whole thing on my weekly blog post.  I also think this would make an excellent chapter in my book . . .why?

as some of my students would say . . .

Cuz, people be CRAZY, yo!


Right now, I am just blogging my first thoughts on this whole thing . . .  There is so much back knowledge on the way that enemy works.  He is a liar!!!  Let me say that again, he is a liar.  I can see that this New Age Thing is going to be a big Stumbling block for a lot of people looking for truth.

I see it with the Hebrew Israelite movement, I see it with the prosperity movement, I see it with the "Be you,"  "You can do it,"  "achieve your dreams!" movements and what ever else there is out there.

The enemy always uses the same tactics, for example:  The Nation of Islam, Jehovah witnesses,  and Religion in general.

SMH, I digress on these things.

I can talk about the Nephilim, Astrology, Scientology, Nimrod, Mystery Babylon, Buddhism and a variety of other thoughts that would just prove that it has all been done before.  It is called deception.

DECEPTION


I think this thing definitely has to be addressed.  Research guys.  Study to show yourself approved, rightly dividing the word of truth.  This is your mission as a Christian.  Time to stop running away when things get scary or hard.  We are not in this time period to remain baby Christians.  It's time to grow up because we are the ones that are supposed to redirect the people who are lost back to Jesus.

God is saying to us, how can we possibly teach others about Jesus, if they know more about him then we do?

The word says:

"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge, because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of God, I will also forget thy children."  Hosea 4:6

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."  II Timothy 2:15


Real Quick:  my calculations are that

1)  New Age is a philosophical thought movement about men being gods and trying to develop a path way to find God through self examination and enlightenment.

2)  New Age thought is a deception and a trap put out there to deceive people looking for the truth.


This discussion is not the end but the beginning . . . I will continue this on my site artteacher4purpose.com.  I will also address this article

http://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/what-is-new-age-religion-and-why-cant-christians-get-on-board-11573681.html

So keep a heads up and stay connected . . .

God is building his army against spiritual wickedness like this.  Will you be a soldier in the army, or will you be a wall flower?

Find your purpose in this fight.

Until Next time- Tamorra


No comments:

Post a Comment