Saturday, February 24, 2018

Day 21: Live Life Devotional



Day 21


The Purpose of Purpose



We need to get closer to receiving a vision from God. In order to do that we need to understand purpose.

Understanding Purpose: As an art student, I used my viewfinder, I studied the models, and  I studied the light.  I studied the paint and what it did before I was able to even explore who I was as an individual artist.  I practiced and I practiced and I practice some more.  I had to do all of these things before I found out who I was, what I was good at, and what my message was going to be.  I wanted to have a purposeful message when I presented  my artwork.  
This kind of learning takes time.  It takes time to find out who you are and what God has planned for you.  You must understand that finding your purpose is a journey that will take time, practice, sacrifice, dedication, and commitment.  Relax, we are only students right now, and we have the best teacher to lead us to our purpose.  It is the teacher’s responsibility to teach us what we need to know.  It is our responsibility to listen and to learn.


The purpose of purpose is to help others!

 

Your Purpose is important because you have a message to share.  That inspiring, life changing message is for a specific territory.  This is why you were born to the parents you were born to, in the time you were born in and in the place you were born.  You are to share your message so that others can have the resources to discover, grow, and share their personal, placed by God, message.
It is important to know who you are, where you come from, and what your purpose is in order for you to complete your “now” assignment and your "destiny" assignment.  We must not adopt a false purpose of what the world wants from us.  The world wants us to through our life away by living for false purpose.  God wants us to live for real purpose.
All of our purposes are lined up with the message of service.  Serve one another and in your service there is Kingship.  The book of Psalms say that God is the king of kings and the lord of lords.  This makes you royalty.  You have a territory.  You were meant to provide a service for what you were put in charge of.  Are you doing that?
Your purpose starts here and now.  Let us meditate on what the disciples were discussing when they were trying to determine their positions in the Heavenly Kingdom.


And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest. And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.


This perspective shows us that the example of the way we live our life should me modeled after Jesus. Jesus came as a friend and a servant to all. If you want to be great in the Kingdom, you must learn to take not from the master teacher. . .

Luke 22: 24-27

 

 

I found this trailer to this movie that I am now going to watch . . . It will get you to think about what your service is on this earth. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment