Friday, April 21, 2017

Live Life: Post 97 This is why I am not a New Ager . . .

Post 97:  This is why I am not a New Ager. . .




I recently used this picture, it makes me laugh and I had to use it again.  I believe that I am awesome, but only because God made me and I have surrendered my life to him, he is in total control, hence I am awesome . . .

HOWEVER

Thinking about yourself and how awesome you are is one of the biggest deceptions of the enemy.  We are nothing without God.  We would know nothing if it wasn't for his word, Jesus Christ.



I really was curious why someone thought I was a new ager.  I thought that the New Age movement was just a philosophy that included yoga, meditation, and some other practices to help people cope with life.  Well I was wrong about that.  This is about to be one of the biggest deceptions that the enemy has attempted yet . . .

I am not writing this to explain fully what New Ages is right now because I am writing another blog post for that (stay tuned and I will link it later).

Instead, I have to tell you why I am not a New Ager, I am a Christian.

In general, New Agers believe that:


     God is in everything (pantheism)
     All things are one (monism)
     Man is God
     Mind creates reality
     One’s own experience validates the truth
     Evil does not exist(or it is not real)
     That sin does not separate man from God but negative thought

source:




I am not a new ager because:

1) I believe there is only one way to the father through his son Jesus Christ
2) I believe that it is through Jesus dyeing on the cross that has reconnected us to God
3)  I believe that sin (missing the target of truth) is what separates man from God
4) I believe that you must be born again in order to build a true relationship with the Lord
5)  I believe that believing in Jesus,  believing that he died on the cross, and believing that he defeated the devil is truth.
6)  I believe in the new covenant: that man has a sinful nature and can be saved by grace through Jesus Christ, by not only believing but confessing the above statements.
7) I believe that God is eternally existent in three person, God the Father, The son, and the Holy Spirit.


Now, here are somethings that I believe, that can be supported by scripture, that may sound weird to some Christians but is absolutely the truth.  The closer you walk with Jesus, the more he will show you truth.   I think that perhaps these beliefs may sound  a little new age  if you don't read your bible, but here goes:

8)  I believe in the old covenant, the law of God, and that this law is written on the hearts of the believers through believing in Jesus Christ and being born again by the Holy Spirit.
9) I believe that we are spirits, incased in a soul, incased in a body
10)  I believe that the body is only a temporary dweling place that limits us, and that our natural death will only be the beginning of eternal life if you are born again by the power of the Holy spirit.
11) I believe that applying universal law can bring about new realities, interpretations, and perspectives on an other wise dismal life, hence connecting more to the spiritual aspects of this world.
12)  I believe that God is everywhere, and that everything is made of energy, and that this energy cannot be created nor destroyed only transformed, transferred, or transfigured. (I talk a lot about the power of our words in my blog post)
13)  I believe that love is key in creating a better world.  (Mainly loving God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind) so that he can allow Jesus (the law, the word) to direct us on the only path to the father.

Now here is why I am DEFINITLY not a New Ager:

13)  I believe that God, Jesus and the Holy spirit are real, and that he is not a man that he would lie,  therefore, there is an adversary, and his name is Satan, the evil one, that lying serpent the devil.
14) I believe that the devil is a liar that has deceived the whole world.


Are you a Christian?
Do you know what you believe?
Are you clear on what the bible says or are you just following the flock because it seems like the right thing to do?

I want to know where you stand on this subject . . . what is new age to you?

I'm on a mission to help you find your place in God's Kingdom.  This might sound like a new age thought but I'm sorry, to inform you, this is what it is all about.  It is harvest time.  The angels are separating the wheat from the tears.  Certain things are being released into the atmosphere because angels are being redirected off of their normal post and being assigned to harvest. Time is running out.  The world will just get sicker, and the kingdom will rise, and the world will see who the people of God really are.  You need to find your place in the Kingdom.  It is time to get real with this thing. 

This is not Fear.  Keep keeping calm and trusting God, through prayer and supplications.  Just know that we all have work to do.
God bless you always.
Until Next time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment