Thursday, February 22, 2018

Day 15: Live Life Devotional



Day 15

“Everyone wants to be remembered when they’re gone.  Ultimately, what matters most will not be what others say about your life but what God says about you.  How will you answer God when he asks, “What did you do with my son, Jesus Christ?” and “ What did you do with what I gave you?”
-Rick Warren

I want you to think about how much time you spend with God.  I encourage you to think about what actions you take that lets God see what you did with the knowledge of  his son.  What do you do currently to show that you love Jesus?  

I want you to make a list of the things that you do to spend time with Jesus:

Your list may look something like this:

I fellowship with other saints
I read my bible
I pray
I do meaningful work in my career
I do community service

This is a good start.  If you don’t do any of these things, that is ok.  But you might become aware that these are somethings that you may want to grow into.  Everyone’s journey is different.  Everyone’s Purpose is not the same.

For example, I recently started a more personal walk with God.  This is what my action steps look like:

I  go on a walk with the Lord in the morning
I journal
I study his word
I play piano
I share the word of God with others through my writing

I encourage you to make a list of what you do for Jesus and what you do with Jesus.  This exercise is not meant to condemn anyone.  It is just meant to encourage you to take an active role in growing in your true purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment