Saturday, February 24, 2018

Day 22: Live Life Devotional



Day 22


Understanding Perspective



Just like in many creative fields, having the right perspective and the understanding of process is important in understanding your purpose. Changing the way you look at things is essential if you want to start living the life you really want to live. You must change your mind to a spiritual mindset in order to expand your understanding.


Understanding Perspective: When I was an art student I had to learn about all of these things. I was cradled in an art world, mothered into the comfort of creativity, and nurtured in the concepts of process for further understanding. I had to surround myself in this world in order to start looking at things like an artist would. As I presented my work more and more to the teachers who were guiding me, I was corrected more and more. I remember getting a critique where the teacher told me that it was a good piece, but my perspective was a little off. You see, I was never formally trained before art school. I never took classes on perspective. I just saw things the way I saw them, not knowing it would be a lot easier to create an artwork if I knew about one point, two point, and three point perspective. I had not yet learned the elements and the principles of art making. I had not yet learned certain laws that govern the way an artist makes art successfully.

God wants to be your teacher. He needs you to surround yourself in his world. He wants to show you a new way of looking at things. He wants you to learn his ways so that you will be better equipped to live this life successfully.


We need to get closer to receiving a vision from God. In order to do that we need to understand perspective. Everyone has a different way at looking at things. Let us look at another account of Jesus explaining positions in the heavenly Kingdom. This is the same situation as presented yesterday, but from a different perspective:


At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 18:1



This perspective teaches us the importance of humility. I would like to encourage you to think on this verse and think about how you let the word of God permeate your heart with truth.  Think like a child and trust that your father is teaching you the right thing.

The way that we do that is changing our mind to a more humble way of thinking. We must allow the Holy spirit to speak to us and teach us. Remember to keep listing the things that you are thankful for, this will help you with your spiritual sight. Remember to meditate on the word of God, this will help you with your eternal perspective. Remember who you are to God. Remember that you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment