Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Life Life post 80- The Magnolia Story



Post 80

I am filled with excitement and glee to share with you this wonderful story of perseverance. . .

I love the way God works!


Have you ever heard of Chip and Joanna Gaines from the HGTV show "Fixer Upper?"  Well if you haven't let me tell you a little about them and their new book.

I don't know if I told you before but I'm kind of drawn to books now.  This is a strange and peculiar new phenomenon for me because I was always the one who didn't want to read anything.  I only read a book because I had to for school or if I needed to learn how to do something.  But since I made it a point to find my purpose, I have been talking to the Lord a lot more.  He shows me books that I need to read.

So, I'm in the store and I hear that small still voice in my head, "turn around buy it, buy it."  Now, I was a little interested in the book before hand.  I knew of the couple and their television show, however I didn't know much else about them and felt like it would be a waste of time and effort to read it.  I am just getting used to reading the Bible on the regular!

It was not in my budget to go around buying books all willy nilly, especially books that are not Christian/inspiration/motivation.  But God told me to buy it. 

I am so glad that I took the time to read this book!



Magnolia Story is a great story of how hard work pays off and how we should not despise small beginnings.  The story outlined the couple's relationship, business, and faith.  I really related to Jo Gaines when she talked about listening to the voice of God.  She also describes it as hearing a small still voice that pulls at her heart and tells her to trust.

Chip and Joanna (Jo)  tag teamed the telling of their story with such grace that by the time you got to the end of the book they sounded like one person.

One of My favorite quotes was when Jo was hearing from God.  He said to her:

"Joanna, if you trust me with your dreams, I'll take them further than you could have ever imagined."


You see, Jo had to make a very important decision:  To listen to God or ignore his instructions.  God was telling her to close her home décor store. She had worked so hard to build this store into a very profitable business.  She made the right decision when she listened to God, closed the store, and continued building a business with her husband.

In order to know the ups and downs of their story and how they landed their reality show, you have to read the book.

It was a wonderful experience reading this book and I would love to give a more detailed description of it in my Friday post on artteacher4purpose.com.  Stay tuned on that but in the mean while, check out the Magnolia Retail store that has inspired me to start my own décor business.  I'm so exited!

I trust God with my dreams, because he has given them to me to dream.


Always know that with God all things are possible!  He just needs you to listened to him and follow his directions.  He will make your dreams come true.

I hope this is helpful for you finding your purpose.
Until Next Time.


#Watch Out World, Here We Come!


No comments:

Post a Comment