Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Live Life Post 101- God's Plan for our lives

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Jeremiah 29:11 KJV


I wrote the following a few post back:

"Everything may not be going according to your plan.  Everything might not be going the way that you want it to go, but that is ok,  God's plan is going to happen regardless of what you think, regardless of what you plan, and regardless of how you think your life is going."

I wrote it, then I thought that it may sound a little contradictory to what I normally say.  Quite often I write and tell people to write things down, make it plain, create goals for yourself, make a plan for your future . . .

But if we make plans for ourselves, where does that leave God?

I wanted to know and you may also want to know the following:

Why do we make plans for ourselves? 

Why is it important to make plans for the future? 

Why is it important to set goals and have vision?


These things are important to do.  These things are necessary in order to remember the path God wants us to walk. . .

BUT . . .


There is one key factor in order for our vision, our goals, and or plans to work out for us.  They need to be given to us by God.  We need to line up with the vision that God has for us.

We have to make a transition in thinking

from "I am in control" to "God is in control"


We should not be in control of our own life.

It is imperative to listen to the voice of the Lord, follow his directions, and fulfill our purpose as it is written by the Lord our God.  There is a deception in the world today that says things like:

"Write your own destiny."
"Follow your Dreams"
"Do you"
"Be-you-tiful"

So on and so forth.

Sounds good right!  Sounds logical . . . But God says, there are false prophets that are telling you these things and making you believe something that you shouldn't believe.  Further more, you are causing these sayings (dreams) to be spoken to you.  The world knows what it is you think you want and it will try to sell it to you everyday.  Who are we trusting to give us prophetic word?  Who is feeding us the vision for our life?

We need to be very careful of what we are watching on TV and what is really conditioning us to live the lives that we are living.

What is it that the Lord told you to do?  What is the assignment that God gave you?  And how can you be sure that God is telling you to do it?

There is a verse that I mentioned before where Jeremiah was warning the captives in Babylon  (the tribe of Judah).  The Lord told them not to believe the false promises of the prophets that were not sent by him.  They were to stay where God had put them until the time when God would deliver them out of their bondage.  Even in their bondage God told them they would be safe and prosper.

Jeremiah 29: 7-14 (NIV)

Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper."  Yes, this is what the Lord Almighty the God of Israel says:


"Do not let the prophets and diviners among you deceive you. Do not listen to the dreams you encourage them to have. They are prophesying lies to you in my name. I have not sent them," declares the Lord. . . 


This is what the Lord says "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. . . 


Then you will call on me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you." declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."


We have to understand, that even when God puts us somewhere that we don't necessarily want to be, it is for our own good.  It is all in God's plan for us.  And here it goes again:

God desires to have a relationship with us. 


He wants us to walk and talk with him.  Pray to him, seek his face and return to him.  Acknowledging that it is he that has made us and not we ourselves.  He wants to direct us in the way that we should go.  He has promised good things for us.  He wants to share the vision, plans, and purpose that he has written for our lives.  But first we have to believe him, believe in his word, and believe in the promise that he has written for us.  The word is Jesus Christ.  In order to start our journey to our purpose, we need to believe in Jesus.

Final thought:  Even when bad things happen to us, or things are not going our way; it will work out to profit the good of God's plan.

And we know all things work together for good.



I pray that this is good to you.  I pray that it touches your spirit and connects you closer to God.  He is not an evil God that wants to destroy his people.  Instead,  He wants to bring his people peace, prosperity and happiness.  We just have to learn how to listen to his voice.



God Bless You
Until Next Time
-Tamorra

 

No comments:

Post a Comment