Friday, April 14, 2017

Live Life post 89 A Google+ experience

I have a new post up on artteacher4purpose.com called "stinking thinking."

It is just about some things that I had observed in my life, check it out if you get a chance.  But basically I wrote about how we as Christians can get very comfortable in our motivating each other that we don't get out of our comfort zones and go out to witness to others.

I wrote the following:

"I’m not pointing the finger at anyone in particular but I have notice a pattern amongst Christians in the church.  We are getting really good at motivating each other to keep moving forward in our faith walk.  This is a good thing.  This is the premise of what I do and what I believe is a good thing.  But what happens when we get too comfortable amongst our own and we do not go out into the world to witness to non-believers?

Is this what God wants us to do?

No, the word says what good is the salt if it has lost its savor.  We are the salt of the earth and we are to enhance the condition of the people who are hurting, searching for truth, and searching for understanding.  They are looking and it is our job to teach them.  It is our jobs as Christians to be servants and witnesses of Jesus Christ!

“Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.”  -Matthew 5:13

We don’t want to be good for nothing but we want the Lord to continue to use us, in whatever capacity, in order to enhance his kingdom."


We want to be used by God however he sees fit to use us.  I'm writing this because I had got a message in google +  about how to conduct myself in the community.  I have to tell you I was a little offended!!

(However, I am very sensitive, so perhaps I am easily offended. LOL)

I didn't want to be, but the rules were laid down and I didn't know about the rules, I thought that I was doing a good thing.

Then I thought to myself, is this how new comers feel when the come to the church?  Do they feel offended by the rules?

I would suppose so, and this my friends is why so many people are leaving the church.  They are hurt and offended in a place they thought they were supposed to be loved and accepted.  I am not saying that the church's job is to cater to the world, but instead understand that gentleness soothes the broken hearted.  It may be more profitable to the kingdom to applaud the good and not condemn a person for not following the rules.  How can someone follow the rules if they don't know what the rules are!

This is why Jesus looks at the heart.  When the rules are written on the heart, then the right things come out.  Words come out that are purposeful, meaningful and meant for good.

I believe God gave me this experience so that I can be sensitive to the needs of others that are searching for truth.  Thank you God for this revelation.


The following is what was written to me and then after that is my response:

Hello +Tamarra Goldsboro I have noticed that you have started to post here on Knowing Jesus and we trust that yo you find encouragement here.. We try to give all fairly new members some pointers as to the type of posts (see below) that we encourage here and we what to thank you for your input here and God bless you


+++++++++
We  are here to lift up the name of the Lord Jesus and so we particularly encourage Scripture post, Bible verses and those that are biblically based .
We do discourage, however discourage secular/ motivational quotes because we have noticed that they often distort the Word of God :) 

We ask that members do not use Knowing Jesus as a place to advertise or simply post a link.. and discourage news and political items, long videos, racially exclusive posts, self-proclaimed speculations . and of course we ask that members do not promote false teachers, extra-biblical content or unacceptable comments -
including ....
1) Word of Faith, Prosperity Gospel and Positive Confession...
2) Purpose Driven/Emerging Church and interfaith philosophies,...
3) Posts that falsely that liking or sharing posts will result in God's blessings... Transendental Meditation and New Age and
4)Overtly RCC posts and pictures
5)Posts that are designed to get people to like or forward - especially when it is suggested that some blessing will be forthcoming

If you come across any inappropriate posts or comments we would ask that you alert us with the name of the person and post and we will make sure that they are removed and banned as appropriate

Thanks again, for your input to Knowing Jesus...






  • Tamarra Goldsboro's profile photo
    Sorry for anyone that misunderstood the post. I post things for Christian encouragement, that are all biblically based. My post are not promoting the world but instead promoting Christ. I also at first thought that the book was secular, however "Magnolia Story" is a Christian Book. The posts do link to my blog which are all faith based and intended to spread the word of God. Are we allowed to do that?

    I'm not trying to be smart or anything, I just love the Lord and just realized that perhaps I need to go to other groups to reach more non-believers.

    I know that we were sent into the world to be his servants and his witness. To be salt and light. I thank you for the rules and I thank God for letting me be aware that this, perhaps, is not my group to witness to.

    Christian brothers and sisters, be encouraged, always following the word of God, and always listening to his voice and his directions.

    God Bless you always
    -Tamorra
    artteacher4purpose.com


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment