Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Live Life post 104 We Have a Long Way to Go

youversion.com



Have you tried the You Version Bible App yet?  It is Absolutely free.  I get access to the bible on my phone and PC.  I also get a daily bible verse in my in box.  I think I might start sharing with you guys.  Here is today's verse:

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 3:16 KJV

Do we love each other the way that God loves us?

Think About It . . .

I know that I would lay down my life for my children, maybe my sister or my parents in the heat of the moment. . . perhaps my best friend, but someone from church, especially someone who is older than me?  I think I have to think about that one.  I mean if you are older then me then that means you lived your life!

I guess I have a long long way to go.


For I say to every man that is among you, through the grace given unto me, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Romans 12:3

When I think about things like this, living for Christ, I know I am nowhere near where God needs me to be.  I know God is teaching me humility.  I love the word because it tells me that this whole thing is a process.  And so I continue to read, study, and learn what Jesus teaches about being like him.  The word says that Jesus is the first of his brothers and sisters to reach the Heavenly standard. Many of us will join him, and become like him because we were predestined to fulfill our purpose.  Paul writes:

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
Romans 8:29 NIV

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Romans 8:29 KJV
(I like and usually prefer KJV, but sometimes use NIV just to be clear on translation)



It reminds me of an album I used to listen to with my mom: "Set Me Free" by Acappella.  There was a song called "Long Way To Go."  To my surprise someone posted it on You tube!  Here are the words to the refrain followed by a link to the video:

Until we understand the message of Christ

til we learn to let him work in our lives

We have a long way to go, such a long way to go

Until we learn what love is about

til we follow him with never a doubt

We got a long way to go




I pray that this is helpful to your journey.  Remember to Love one another like God loves us because God is love.  We may have a long way to go but when you are in the body of Christ, then you are in.  You were predestined for this life!

Until Next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment