Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Live Life post 90 "My Life Sucks"

Live Life post 90

My life sucks . . .


This is just a statement that I used to think off and on, time to time; you know when things just weren't going my way.  I used to think that because I was a Christian that things should work out the way that I wanted them to work out.  I felt that my only responsibility in being a Christian was to go to church and do the best I could to live a good life.  Little did I know that walking with the Lord didn't mean that at all.

It was hard for me to get through school with young children.  It was very hard being married at a young age.  It was hard trying to build a financial future for my family.  Life was hard and is hard.  I knew Jesus and it was still hard!  But you want to know something, my faith stood on the idea that everything was going to work out for the good.  Therefore things would get better.

Things will get better . . .


I could just imagine how bad this life can seem to those who do not know Jesus at all.  How can people really survive in this world when burdens become too heavy?  I mean from work, to school, to home, kids, husband, wife . . . dealing with bosses, family, sickness, and bills.  We can become overwhelmed with so much anxiety that it can make us sick to death!




We all have this idea in our heads of what will make our lives better.  However, if your ideas don't line up with God's ideas then your life is just going to suck.  There is no other way to put it.  Every time you get what you think will make you happy, you will just be left unfulfilled and begin to go after the next thing the world says that you need. . .

You Know:

you need a new job
you need a bigger house
you need a new car
you need to just go to school
you need to get married and have kids
you need a new tv
you need to go on vacation
you need to get the promotion

then things will get better . . .

But is this what the word says?

No, we are doing it wrong.  Everybody.  Christians too.


The word says in all of our ways we should acknowledge him and he will direct our paths.  However, the world has made it so easy to take God out of everything.  So how do we acknowledge someone whom we do not know?  We don't know the voice of God.

In order to live a life that doesn't suck, we have to get to know God.  God is giving me this message over and over and over.  It is about RELATIONSHIP.

God desires a personal, intimate relationship with each and everyone of us.  He knows who we are, but we don't know him.  It is so important to take the time to get to know him and he will help us through this life.

There is nothing extra that you have to do as a believer, other than to listen to God's directions.  When we submit our life to God then he will tell us where to go, how to grow, how to love, how to live, how to forgive etc.  He has all the answers.  He will tell you your purpose, your ministry, and he will lead you straight to it and straight through it.  Life becomes so much easier when we give it to God.

This is happiness, this is the better life.


God will show you that life is not about acquiring more stuff.  No, the flesh will only want more and more and will never be satisfied.  The good news is that the word of God satisfies.  We have to start listening to God and what he wants us to have in this life and the next. 

The only problem with us is that,  we don't hear his voice.  Living in sin, any sin, any little bit of sin, drowns out God's voice.  If we can't hear God, then we cannot follow him.  This makes for a sucky life.

The reason why life was so hard for me when I was younger was because I had a "miss know it all" complex.  I thought that I could do it by myself.  I thought that I knew how to do it myself.  I made the mistake to think that I was doing it by myself until God opened up my eyes.  I saw all the help that God had sent to me through my parents,  and my in-laws, and family in general.  I began to notice how blessed my life really was.  I began to see the opportunities that God had made for me.

God would not ever opened my eyes if I didn't continue to walk with him and believe that everything was going to get better.  I started to read his word more and more.  I continued to go to church and hear his word more and more.  This slowly started to change me on the inside.

God was guiding me the whole time, I just couldn't see it!  When I changed my perspective, I changed the way I saw my life and things became a lot lighter for me.  I gave my burens to Jesus.  I realized that I didn't want to try to make my life better anymore, but instead I wanted to trust God to do what ever he needed to do.  I knew that he had my best interest in mind and I wanted to stop getting in the way of his plan.

God talks to us through his word.  So, if you want a closer relationship with God, read the word of God.  This is part of being obedient.  We should meditate on the word night and day.  It will then become a part of us,  God will speak to us and we will listen and obey.

Everything works out for the good. . .


Everything may not be going according to your plan.  Everything might not be going the way that you want it to go, but that is ok,  God's plan is going to happen regardless of what you think, regardless of what you plan, and regardless of how you think your life is going.

You may think that your life sucks now, but it doesn't have to be that way . . .

Believe God, believe in his promises for your life.  In order to know those promises you have to read his word and develop a relationship so that he can explain to you exactly what you need to do. . .

Verses to refer to:

Proverbs 3:5-7
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.   Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


Matthew 5:6
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.


There is so much more to this, but I feel a little long winded, so I'm going to end this for right now. Believe me, we have so much more to talk about when it comes to understanding your purpose.  Perhaps this will be the study this week. . .

Go back and read some of these scriptures and put them in context.  I would like to revisit them this week.  I feel strengthened in his truth.  God Bless you and keep you always.

Until Next Time
-Tamorra





No comments:

Post a Comment