Monday, April 10, 2017

post 83 Live Life in 5 seconds!

post 83

What if someone told you it only takes 5 seconds to change your life. . . to change the whole way you think, act, and react to the world around you. . .

It only takes 5 seconds to start living the life of your dreams. . .

My name is Tamorra and I am on a journey to find and fulfill my purpose in life.  It is my desire to help as many people as I can find their purpose . . . so, when I came upon this idea again, I had to share it.

Have you ever heard of Mel Robbins and the 5 second rule?


It's simple really.  Stop thinking and talking yourself out of your ideas, desires, and natural inclinations.  Stop thinking about it, and just do it.  According to Mel you have 5 seconds to act on a thought that will be beneficial to your well being.  She says if you don't act on it, then you are hesitating and then your brain receives a signal that that thought must be harmful because it caused you to hesitate.  Hence, you now begin to form a habit of not only hesitation, but being fearful.

We are all afraid of -what if!

What if I did that . . .but what if I did this . . . but what if that happens . . .or what if that other thing happens?



Stop putting your dreams on hold and just go for it!!!





Of course, I know that she can explain it better than I can so I'm going to share a video so that you can gain some insight to her philosophy . . . .






Basically, Mel says that she changed her life and came out of depression by one day just making a decision to stop hitting the snooze button.   She had an idea, that generated from a commercial she saw the night before, to jump out of bed like a rocket ship.  She even did a count down 5-4-3-2-1.  After that she started to apply it to her everyday life.  She talked about her tactic for attacking  decisions of life briefly at a Ted talk.  She now speaks on the five second rule and she also wrote a book about it.  The book took her three years to write and is backed by scientific evidence of how the brain works. 


I want to know how my brain works.  If it is getting in the way of any of my dreams, I want to know that too.  I guess I have to get the book!



I don't want to be preachy, but this next part is kind of preachy!



The word of the Lord tells us that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us,  so why do we worry so much?  God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and sound mind (sound judgement, discipline, self -control).  Hence we should be able to be proud of the dreams God gives us, confident that he has given them to us, and disciplined enough to follow them.  We really need to stop programming ourselves to be fearful of our dreams.  If we are truly walking with the Lord we have to trust that he is working everything out for the good of those who are called to his purpose.

Take 5 seconds to make better decisions for your self.  Take  those 5 seconds and start forming better habits.  Make decisions that are going to help you grow.  Get out of your comfort zone and live your dreams.  Just do it!

I hope that this was beneficial in walking closer to your purpose.  God bless you always.
Until next Time

-Tamorra







I want to be the best me I can be. . .   What about you?


2 comments: