Thursday, February 9, 2017

Live Life Day 41  8 ways to fight the feeling of anxiety

2-10-2017

Day 41 quote "This is the beginning of anything you want"

Scripture  "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal,  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven. . . For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Matthew 6:20-21

#5 Plan Time For Yourself


#5 Plan time for yourself.  All work and no play will burn you out.  People, work, and family will run you into the ground if you let them, so after you learned how to say no to other people, learn to say yes to yourself.  I know that this does not sound biblical, but God does not want you to be stressed out!

I'm learning to take time for myself.  I've been trying to get my hair done for the last few weeks.  So I am going to take a day, do my hair, get a massage, and go to the movies.  I need a me day.  Really,  I will not feel guilty because I had this massage gift card in my wallet for a year and a half.  I always put other people ahead of myself, but I am going to start taking some time out for me.

Here’s the thing, I don’t want anyone to get confused.  I'm not saying to make everything about you, but I am saying don't make everything about everyone else but God.  God needs you fully energized and ready to go for his purpose, not anyone else's.

I’m the type of person that will work 24/7 if I don’t tell myself that I need to go to sleep.  I often find myself neglecting my family, my husband, and my household responsibilities because I get caught up in helping other people. The Lord is teaching me balance. There has to be balance in everything you do. So when I say that you should  take time for yourself,  you should if you don’t already do so. If you do already then good for you. Remember your priorities: God always comes first.  You should learn how to create and keep that balance in your life.


#6 Keep the Sabbath Day


#6 Speaking of taking sometime out for yourself.  Every week I take some me time.  I get my bible and my books and I just read and study spending time with God.  Every Saturday.  Don't ask me to cook or go anywhere because it is my time to rejuvenate and refresh.  If I do have to go outside of my house it needs to be work for the Lord.  This is my Sabbath day.  This is the day that the Lord blessed me with all types of inspiration and ideas.  I am in my happy space.  This is probably the only day that I take a nap.  It is a lovely relaxing day with the Lord.

Sometimes it is ok to have some me time, especially when your heart is centered in the Lord.  He wants you to have that personal time with him.  Allow him to guide you, keep you, and progress you through this thing called life.  He does not want you to be stressed out by the worries of this world.

"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-8

You can check out 7&8 before I post it on Blogger!  The complete full article will be on artteacher4pupose.com sometime tomorrow.  Just go to the website then click on FREE ARTICLES at the top of the page and 8 ways to fight the feeling of anxiety should be at the very top. . . enjoy.

I pray that this is helpful to you on your journey to find your purpose.
until next time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment