Friday, February 17, 2017

Life Life Day 48/49: Affirm and edify your children


Day 48/49

2-18-2017



I wanted to add an important thought . . .

#12 I want to go back to the idea of us teaching our children how to say affirmations.  I think it is very important to speak positive things over our children’s lives.  I think it is even more important to teach them how to speak positive things over their own lives.  I have heard some of my student’s parents call their kids dumb! “You dummy,” “Don’t be a moron,” “You’re such an idiot.”  Our children do not need to hear this kind of talk.  The school system is already conditioning them to think they are inadequate because they don’t fit into the mold of compliance.  Let us encourage them by teaching them to say good things about themselves:

The children can say:



“I am what God says I am and I can be what God says I can be”

“I am the head and not the tail, I am above and not beneath”

“I am smart, I am talented and God gave me a purpose on this earth.”

“I have authority to be all I can be for Christ Jesus.”





The parents can say:



“I thank God for a child as smart as you.”

“You are a blessing.”

“You are uniquely made for God’s purpose.”

“You are special, and made special for God.”

“I love you”

“I am pleased with your effort”



You can find this week's full article on artteacher4purpose.com.  It is also a great resource for learning about the laws of God and how following them.  This site and it's resources can lead you to finding and fulfilling your purpose.







Until next time
-Tamorra


No comments:

Post a Comment