Sunday, April 19, 2020

day 21- That should've been something.

The way I get through things is that I push through them, I write through them, I pray through them.

Everybody has a coping mechanism to deal with stress.  It is the way that the body works.  It is the way that the mind works.  Picking a coping tool that is going to be beneficial to you mental health and over all well being is the better choice.  Spending time with the people you love is the better choice than taking that drink.  Going for a walk is a better choice than smoking that weed.  Reading that book is a better choice than spending a day on Netflix.  And eating that salad is a better choice than eating that pack of cookies.

I almost ate a whole pack of cookies yesterday.  I was still drinking my warm lemon water with ginger and garlic which made those cookies taste like sugar lemon deliciousness.  But, perhaps that wasn't the best choice.   It wasn't he best choice to watch Mrs. Maisel do her comedy in Vegas because I started to dream about the meaning of life.  I found myself saying:


"CHERRY-  HOUSE  - KIDS - HUSBAND-  That should've been something."


Also, in my dream, I missed the bus.  I was at the high school, I was a student, and it was the end of the day. I actually stayed after.  Instead of walking down the hill to the elementary school where the bus picked up all the kids. I waited in the office until after 3 o'clock, a mistake.  As I finally came to my senses of where I was supposed to be, I ran down to the horse shoe parking lot to see that all the buses exiting the parking lot.  I missed my ride.  I wasn't thinking.

I don't want anyone to miss the bus on the lessons we are supposed to learn from this life.  This is why I write, so that someone can get something out of my life.  I need someone to learn from my mistakes even if I couldn't learn from them myself.  I encourage you to start writing also.  You will see more things and learn more things about who you are.  Write-reflect- learn- so that we don't keep making the same mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment