Friday, April 17, 2020

day 19-90 days- Aimee McPherson

What are my dreams?
What are my aspirations?
Why do I want to keep on living?

These are some of the big questions of life.  These are the big questions that our lives get so busy sometimes that we don't stop to think about them.  I mean really think about them.  I am on a journey to answer these big questions of life:

What is the meaning of it all?
Why am I here on this earth?

I think of a quote by a woman who lived famously in the 1920's.  She became widowed, left her second husband on a whim to start a church in California.  She had two children with her as she built a world renowned building, mega church, that attracted the young and the old to hear the message of Jesus Christ.  She said the following:



"What is my task? To get the gospel around the world in the shortest possible time to every man and woman and boy and girl! "



"We are all making a crown for Jesus out of these daily lives of ours, either a crown of golden, divine love, studded with gems of sacrifice and adoration, or a thorny crown, filled with the cruel briars of unbelief, or selfishness, and sin."



"What is my task? First of all, my task is to be pleasing to Christ. To be empty of self and be filled with himself. To be filled with the Holy Spirit; to be led by the Holy Spirit."

 Aimee Semple McPherson (1890–1944)





This too is my task.  This is why I do what I do.  I know that God is preparing me for something greater.

Check out more on Sister Aimee and the Four Square Gospel below:

No comments:

Post a Comment