Friday, May 15, 2020

Day 45 - Risk

Day 45

These are my reflections from Thursday but I'm writing them today:

Skipped a day again!!  I really need to get better at this!! LOL . . . I'm not really fretting though, I had a good day yesterday.  I had a day of working in the yard, which was relaxing for me.  I find that when things become a little too overwhelming for me the best thing for me to do is something quiet and away from other people.  It relaxes me to work in the yard.  Strangely enough, my hubby was planting an herb garden on the other side of the house and I helped him out a little.  The strange thing was that he was the person I was trying to get away from.  He was really trying my patience the last few days and I wanted to run away.  This happens sometimes with the people you love.  Especially when you are stuck at home with them for quarantine! But sometimes when we feel like running away into our quiet spaces of protection, we shouldn't stay in there for very long.  We take the time to rest then we take action to face our fears. Anyway, I am better now.  Doing some writing today.

 I submitted a few queries to some agents the other day.  This was a big step for me since my mind has to grasp the understanding that good things can happen for me outside of the reality of what I believe is normal.  You know, I understood from my upbringing that going to school and getting a degree was normal.  I had the understanding that going into education and becoming a teacher was a pretty normal way of making a living.  The writing though, no. Having a successful writing career is for special people, talented people.  I was never told that I was talented at writing and so I have no reason to believe it.  But God.   God is telling me something so different and so I am learning to trust him.  I am learning to believe different things about my life story.  I am learning to take risks.

It is funny because when I listened to Rachel Hollis speak on resilience this week, I didn't expect for her to talk about attempting to write a book in two months.  But she said it was something that was on her heart to do.  It was something that she felt she had to do even with so many other things that she was attempting to handle in this season.  So that inspired me to put myself out there beyond the self-publishing market.  I am going to "Believe Bigger" like Marshawn taught me and take a risk at my big dreams.  I am going to leave my comfort zone and ask an agent for help in getting my book published!!!

Guess what else happened.  I just received my Magnolia Journal Magazine and this season's theme is RISK!!  I have been reading and I am pretty sure the Lord is speaking to me to take the risk. 

"The definition of risk is a situation that exposes you to danger."
"Without Risk, it can become easy to settle into consistency, security, and stability. Without Risk, I wonder if we could ever experience growth. . ."
-Magnolia Journal Summer 2020



Here we go

No comments:

Post a Comment