Saturday, May 9, 2020

Day 41- Committed

Happy Saturday!!

I am resting and trying to get myself to understand my mind position.  I mean, I want to relay the idea to myself that mindset matters on so many levels. I want to know why I'm stuck.  I have been making major mind shifts over the years but I recently feel stuck in one particular area: Finances.  I am sure that even though I don't see him, the Lord is working things out in my favor.

A recent thought keeps showing up in my day to day.  The thought is about commitment.  I understand that commitment is a key and this is one reason why I am doing this 90 day challenge.  I want to develop the mind that it takes to keep at something, to finish things to the end.  I know that I can do it with school, because I did it before.  This doctoral stuff though is different.  It is more about believing in myself, believing that I have what it takes to finish.  I want to believe in myself, but above that, I want to have complete and utter trust in the Lord. I am still in the process of learning how to do this with my whole heart.  So, the thought about commitment leads me to committing my life to the Lord again and again.  This is not to suggest that I became unsaved, but it is to say that the Lord teaches us bit by bit.  We are supposed to acknowledge the Lord for teaching us his ways.  We are supposed to keep learning and to keep growing.  We are learning to be all in.  We are learning to believe more fully everyday.  I am all in.  And if I am all in, then nothing else matters. . .

When you don't commit to a goal 100%  than other things seem important. . .


This is the thought that I am pondering.  If I made a commitment to serve the Lord, then why do other things seem important?  I am overwhelmed because I am putting other things before the Lord.  I  over commit myself because I did not take correct inventory of my time.  This has to change.  And since the Lord tells me to ask and I will receive, I ask him today:

Lord help me be committed to you and only you.  And let me trust in you enough to do everything for me that I can not do for myself.  The glory is to God that I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.  This is a good deal.  Thank you Lord.

I have a goal to spread the good news about the Kingdom, nothing else matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment