Friday, May 8, 2020

day 40 of the #next90days challenge- Obligated

So this has been a journey and I am happy to say that I made it to day 40!   Which, when I look back isn't really 40 days of writing  because I started on day 15! LOL.  No problem, I'm still in it.  I'm pushing through because I want to practice keeping the promises I have made to myself.  I realized yesterday that we don't have as much time as we think we have.  This means that we don't have as much time available in our lives to fulfill all of the obligations that we say with our mouths.  I have come to know what it really means to have free time.  Free time is time that is not promised to anyone or anything else.  I am a wife and a mother which means most of my free time is for my family.  Why? Because I made a vow to love my husband and when we had those kids I made a promise to take care of them.  This task should not go to anyone else, but mainly to me.  When we live in a society that makes us delegate our time to tasks that don't matter, this is where we fall from our purpose.  Our world is flawed.  But here we are trying our best to manage our lives while being too busy.

Usually Fridays for me is freedom Friday.  This means that I take recognition of the freedom that Jesus died for me to have.  Then I look around my situation and realize what is keeping me blocked from that freedom.  Then I tell myself to stop making promises that I can't keep.

For anyone who is tired and feel heavy from the burdens of life, Jesus is the only one that can lift those burdens.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment