Wednesday, May 6, 2020

day 38- CLOGGED

So many distractions today.  I am trying to get things done and I thought that I had my schedule figured out.  But the day had other plans and so I am reflecting on the events of the morning.  It is always good to reflect on what is going on around you because it gives you clues to what is going on in your spiritual life.

 Isn't it funny how when you think you have things figured out they all go to crap.  I am not able to work in my office because the back sink is clogged.  I tried to pour bleach down the drain to clean it out.  I tried to use liquid plumber.  I snaked the drain, I loosed the pipe to try to suck out the clog.  I even tried to plunge it.  It was not a project that I could handle on my own so I had to call a plumber.  They are working on it now.  Isn't it funny how when things get clogged up you have to call a professional to fix it?  It can get so pricey, but the benefit is that the problem gets fixed.

When they first came in they looked at the problem.  Then my hubby had to give an explanation of the problem.  Then the plumbers started asking questions:  "Are you having any other problems?  Where does this pipe lead?  Can we take a look in the crawl space?"

The crawl space access is in my office and I did not want to leave my office.  I have a lot of work to do and so the whole situation is very inconvenient.  I know that when the plumbers are ready to make their estimated charge it is going to cost me money, also my convenience.  However, if I want the work done correctly It would be better for me to pay the cost and avoid future problems.

This is how it is with our spiritual lives.  It is very simple really, when things get backed up or if we seemed to just be stuck in life, we have to call a professional.  It is not good enough to call any professional, but the only one who could really fix the problem, The Holy Spirit.  We can always call on the Holy Spirit but be sure it will be a process to assess the situation.  The Holy spirit will come in to your life, ask some questions, evaluate your heart, then get the necessary equipment to unclogged your pipes!  There is something going on with you that you can not fix by yourself!!  You need a professional.  The work that it takes to get the job done is going to be inconvenient for you, and it will cost you something, but it is absolutely necessary to get your life back in working order.

Here is the big clue:  You have to let go of something so that the Lord can give you something new.  In other words, the cost is the old dirty stinky stuff that is clogging up the pipes.  The new, is a drain treatment that will let your blessings flow.  Better yet, let go of your old way of life and The Lord will give you a new way of life, more beautiful then you could have ever imagined.

The Lord will always be my first and only call because I know he could fix anything.  My prayer is that I always have access to the number and that I could always get through on the line.  Better yet, I just ask the Lord to move in with me.  He has permanent residence in my heart so that he could fix all my problems as I continue to live this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment