Wednesday, May 20, 2020

3 day in 1 day

I have been waiting to see how I would adapt to my new 3 day in one day schedule as suggested by Ed Mylett.  I usually used a block schedule method to plan out my day and it works well for me.  The idea of 3 days in one day is the concept that each block consist of a routine.   In this routine you have goals for each block.  These goals should be major movement goals that will help you move forward with your life.

For example:

Block 1 consist of my morning walk, prayer time, tea,  some type of organizing or cleaning in my house, and ends with me writing this blog.

Block 2

I take a movement break, I continue with my writing, tea break/mind break, school work, and then I plan out what I have to do in this block the next day.

Block 3

I take another movement break in order to transition into my last day.  If I have to, I cook diner.  After diner is cleaning then relax time, and then bedtime routine.

That is a brief description but in my head a routine is forming that goes something like this:

6-11 am
Self Care Time

11-11:30 -Transition

11:30-4ish 
Work Time

4-4:30 Transition

4:30-8:30 pm
Family Time

9-10- Transition to bedtime with additional self care

And I don't feel guilty about it because I realize that me taking care of my head space helps me do my work more efficiently and it helps me have enough energy to invest in my family.  Not everyday goes perfectly as planned and that is Okay.  Routines are subject to life happenings.  It is always wise to be wise about being flexible.  I always leave that transitioning time in my schedule because it does take time to get your mind right about the next thing I have to do.

My 3 day in one day focuses on God, Work, and Family.  These are the things that I prioritize.  These are the things that keep me in harmony.  These are what I choose to invest in.

This might work for you during this time of quarantine.  You might find another way that works well for you.  Just remember, what ever you put into life is what you will get out of it!

Remember to live life on purpose

Until Next Time
Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment