Monday, March 5, 2018

Motivation for Monday: Where do I get support?

Greetings this lovely Monday Morning!

I want to say that I had a very lovely weekend and I hope that you did as well.  It was my Birthday and my family blessed me with birthday wishes and a new computer!!!  My husband surprised me with it.  I take it as a sign of his support of me writing this blog.  I needed to feel that from him and I thank God that he placed it on his heart

Isn't it nice to have support?  Isn't it nice to know that there is someone there that has your back, making sure that things get done, and making sure that you are ok to do what you have to do?

I substitute teach now to help supplement my income.  I went to work one day and ran into an old friend from high school.  She started telling me about her home life, about her children, and about her mother's lack of support.  She was expressing to me that she was overwhelmed with the amount of work it takes to raise two young children, have a career, and also run a house hold.  I listened sincerely; occasionally nodding in agreement. 

At the end of her complaints about not feeling like she was a good mother, she highlighted the fact that her mother would give her a hard time about little things like forgetting the kid's snack.  She roared with frustration squeezing on her heart,  "Is it too much to ask for a little encouragement from your own mother!"

I continued to nod, and I really wanted to give her some advice on the subject, but I also knew that she was really hurt by the situation that had transpired just that morning.  So, I kept it as short as I could by saying something like:

"It is hard to be a mom sometimes, but we just have to keep pushing through all the hard stuff, until we get to the next level and start pushing through the different hard stuff.  It get's easier because we get better at pushing through the hard stuff."

To put it simply . . . we become better people when we make it through hard situations . . .

The bible says " . . .We glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience experience; and experience, hope:"
Romans 5:3-4

So embrace the experience of being who God has made you to be.  If you are a mom;  live it and experience it.  If you are a teacher, an artist, a businessman, writer, entrepreneur, or what ever. . .  Embrace it, Love it, experience it. 

Do not look for the support, or accolades from out side sources.  Let those things come to you as a surprise.  Let them lift your spirits when you need them the most.  Let kind words, gestures of appreciation, and recognition come from the good work that you do.  Don't look for it, or you will miss the experience.

Here is your motivation for this Monday:


Know that the Lord will always be there to support you, to love you, and to cheer you on!


It is the Lord that will put it on someone's heart to bless you with a kind word or with words of encouragement.  It is the Lord that will supply your every need.  It is the Lord that will give you supernatural energy when you think you have nothing else to give. It is the Lord that will reward you with a brand new computer!

Thank You God!


I remember when I was teaching art at my old school.  There would be times that I would just be having a bad day.  Things would not be going right. I would feel disorganized and frustrated.  Then God would send one of the little ones to me.  A child would give me an unexpected hug along with "I love you Miss G."  It would make my heart melt and it would feel me with enough energy to get me through the day.  Isn't God Awesome!

Thank you God!


So, I really do pray that you feel blessed today.  I pray that your spirits feel lifted and that you know that you will always have the Lord's support to live this life.  Remember our experiences teach us how to be patient and how to hope for good things to come.  Just keep waiting on the Lord.  He will send a blessing your way, real soon!

Remember to live your life on purpose and to trust the Lord for everything.  God bless you. 

Until Next Time.
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment