Monday, March 19, 2018

Motivation for Monday: Encourage Yourself

I was feeling a little overwhelmed this morning . . . I'm giving up coffee for 40 days, not always an easy thing to do . . . I'm giving up my favorite television shows for a bit.  I'm trying to concentrate on studying the word a little more and reading more so I've cut down on a lot of other things that distract me from that . . .

I was upset this morning because my daughter missed the bus.  She was supposed to be leaving the house at 7:15am but at 7am she was still laying in her bed, in her pajamas watching YouTube!  I said "NO YOU DID int!"

And she said "Can't you just drive me to the bus stop . .  ?"

And then I said, "Oh No you did int!"

I was so distorted in my self because I always look forward to doing my blog work on Mondays.  I wait until everyone leaves the house and I write with complete silence . . . But this was now going to be a morning that I would have to run around, stop for gas, drop her off at school, and have a late start.

I'm still a little upset.  I took all of her You Tube watching devices away! And now it is time to write motivation for Monday and I can't finish my post I was writing last night about the "10 things extraordinary people do," because I'm just not feeling it right now.

I don't feel like motivating anyone right now.


Hey I didn't really get a chance to motivate myself yet.  After dropping my daughter of at school, which is a whole 45minute waste of time . . . I came home and I went for my prayer walk.  I walked around the neighborhood and I talked to God. I had to calm my self down.  It is now almost 9:30 and I still don't feel like I'm ready to motivate anyone.

So, I made my tea, like I always do, and the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said that I had to motivate myself.  So I went upstairs, grabbed my bible, and my journal.  Then a sense of peace came over me.  I need to read my word before I can give anyone any kind of encouragement.  Otherwise I would just be giving rants like this one all year long.

I am going to recalibrate myself so that I am prepared for the rest of this week!

Therefore everyone,  I am going to encourage myself and suggest you do the same.  Before you try to be superwoman, or superman to everyone else in your life, you must learn to take care of yourself.  This is not a selfish thing.  When your end motive is to help people, you must know that it is the best thing to take care of your mental health and your physical health.  This kind of self care helps you be more prepared to help others.

With that said here is your Motivation (advice) for this Monday:


Go do something that is going to make you feel energized today.  Go take care of you!


Take a nap

Take a walk

Get your nails done

Go get your hair done

Take some vitamins

Listen to your favorite album

Read your bible

Read your favorite book

Watch your favorite movie


I'm not telling you this to  be selfish, but you just have to reboot sometimes.  Speak over yourself and encourage yourself.  That reminds me of a song that I am about to listen to now.  I'll link you to it!



Yes,  I'm learning more about the things that are good for me vs. the things that are bad for me.  So although I think that taking a coffee break would be relaxing to me right now, I'm not going to do that.  That would be a false energy.   I'm not going to eat a bunch of sugar sweets, that is false fulfillment.  I'm not going to indulge in a 5 hour TV marathon of Greys Anatomy or go shopping for a new outfit,  these things are all temporary. I want real energy, so I'm going to read my word and drink my tea.

All my best and I pray that you find all the energy you need to live your life on purpose.

Until Next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment