Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Live Life Post 132 Lord, What am I supposed to be doing?

I am proud to say that I have no idea what I am doing!


Nope, no clue what so ever . . .


Ok, well I have a clue, a few hints, maybe a glimpse into my future, but that is it!!

This  is the way it happens.  Very rarely does God give us the full view and plan for what our life is going to be.  He often just gives us little hints, little crumps to follow, expecting us to have faith and to grow in faith.  He wants us to constantly grow in trust.  He wants us to understand that he has it all under control.  The most important thing about this lesson is learning about how to have patience . . .


For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Romans 8:24-25

I know I have to take myself out of the mindset that I have to DO DO DO all the time.  It just isn't necessary really.  We have to learn how to be in harmony with God's plan for us.  We have to learn how to just do what God tells us to do, no stress, no worries, and no anxiety.  When we feel these type of emotions, they don't come from God.  We do it to ourselves.  Now we just have to learn how to navigate through these types of feelings.

But what do we do when we feel lost?


The thing is some days, the vision is very clear.  Other days not so much.  I know for me when I am on a roll for Jesus I am full of energy and I am ready to go full steam ahead.  I have creative energy, I have focus, and I am ready to do what God says do.  Other days, especially those days when things are not going so well,  I feel lost and alone.  I want to scream out to God.

What am I supposed to be doing!!!


I want to be "On" all the time.  It feels good knowing what and when your supposed to do something.  But sometimes life can just side track us and we can find ourselves in our own wilderness.  What I am learning is that this is supposed to happen.  God wants to teach us that we need to be depended on him for everything.  Even when things don't seem to be working out according to our plans.  He wants you to stay the course of his plan.  He wants us to remember what he has told us to do.  We have to learn how to clear out the distractions and concentrate on God.


Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Proverbs 19:21 NIV


There is a purpose in going through these feelings of confusion.   The reason why we go through these emotions is so that we can learn how we should navigate our way through it.  Guess how?  Yep that is right: reading your word.  Reading the bible is our guide and our counsel with the most high, our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.  When we learn how to navigate ourselves through these seasons of doubt and confusion, we learn that all roads lead back to the Lord.  He will always be the way to peace.

I tell you again: Learn PATIENCE.


Learning how to trust your faith, being patient in the belief that God's purpose will always come to pass really gives you a sense of peace.  So, why to we go through these times of confusion?  It's just because we forget.  We have to be reminded from time to time of God's promises to us.  Have a little talk with Jesus, he will remind you that you don't have to worry "bout a thing, cuz every little thing is gonna be alright!" (in my best Negril Jamaican accent!) "Yeah Mon!"

After wearing my self out with work, home, kids, husband, and errands, I finally slowed down and said "That's it!  It is time for some serious alone time with Jesus."  With all the matron of honor duties, daughter, mom and wife duties, I was getting distracted from my purpose.  God even had to stop me and correct me about this blog . . . It is more important for me to spend time with him then it is to write this blog . . . Why? . . . Because if I don't spend time with the Lord, then how can the Holy Spirit tell me what to write to you?

So, this is for everyone who is feeling a little overwhelmed.  Maybe you feel a little used up by people because of all of the favors that you do for them.  Or maybe you are just feeling out of place. This post is for the busy ones who think their schedule is just a little too jammed pack for the Lord. . .Slow down, take a deep breath, everything is going to be ok.  It is to your benefit to spend time with God through prayer or reading your bible.  It is ok to tell the family, "Look, I need a little time to my self, get some leftovers from the fridge."

Spending time with the Lord is what you need to do to find yourself!


Yes, you and I are in the same boat.  We don't know what to do with ourselves when we put too much on our plate.  When we finally do get a chance to look up from our lives, we say out loud "I don't have any idea what I am doing!"

None of us know exactly what we are doing.  This is why we should always consult with the Lord.  This is why we should always listen to the Holy Spirit so he can lead us to where we need to go. We need to take things day by day and trust that the Lord has our best interest at heart. God tells us not to worry about tomorrow because today has enough to worry about!

Being a Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ is not a guarantee that we are going to be happy, smiling, no troubles in the world Christians all the time.  It just means that we trust the Lord to take us where we need to go.  We also trust that he has the answer written down for us somewhere in his word.

Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.

Proverbs 15:22


So, (in my best NJ Italian mobster voice:)

Don't Worry About It!


We want to continue to walk in our purpose and we don't want to be disappointed.  Let's just take it one day at a time seeking our counsel from the Lord.

All my best with love and prayers that you stay on this journey and let God use you.
Until Next Time
-Tamorra

Shout out to Sis. Carol (Thanks for reading I got your message and thanks sooo very much for the well wishes and thoughts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment