Thursday, June 1, 2017

Live Life Post 133 Some Natural Inspiration





Found some inspiration ...


That is my daughter Kayla.  I just love her hair!  I promote and encourage young African American females to wear their natural hair.   It is important for me to let my daughters know that they should be proud of their heritage and they should be proud of who they are.

I have another daughter Alyssa, who also wears her hair natural.  I myself am known to sport my natural doo around town for the promotion of self confidence, and ethnic pride.

I do this because I want everyone to know that it is ok to love yourself and love what God has naturally given you.  I do declare, I am proud of my hair!  But even more than my hair,  God has equipped both me and you with gifts and talents that we should also be proud of.  I teach my kids the importance of knowing how special they are, how unique they, and how they each have a purpose in this world.

Do you know that you have a purpose?


Let me introduce myself the way that I introduce myself on periscope:

My name is Tamorra, the Art Teacher 4 Purpose.  I write, create, and promote content that motivates you to find your purpose.in life.

I am a multi-passionate entrepreneur and theological teacher who has a calling to help you discover your purpose in this life.  This is one of the reasons why I write this blog, it is to help you connect to the information that you need to start your journey to your purpose.  You belong hear so stick around!

In past posts, I have referred you to some of the more prominent motivational speakers such as Les Brown, Jim Rohn, and Zig Zigglar.  I even talked about some inspirational female speakers of today such as Lisa Nichols, Marie Forleo, and Mel Robbins.  I'm a connector, that is what I do.  I want to help people find the community that they belong to.  Everyone needs a place that they can go, that will nurture their talents, in order to create a life of great success.

Don't you want to be successful?


I want to be successful, I want to live the dream of independence and success.  Guess what?  God told me that I can have this success.  I can have it all if I really wanted it.  This is why I have taken this year to slow down.  I have taken this past year to get out of the rat race of  7o hour work weeks.  I desired to spend time with my kids, raise my kids, and get to know them.  I desired to get to know myself.   I wanted a better life where I had time to enjoy the fruits of my labor.   And this is exactly what I am doing . . .



So, I found someone on periscope that I related to and her name is Adeea Rogers.  Today is the first Scope that I had ever viewed of hers and it is entitled: "1 year Quit Day Anniversary! 10 Lessons I Learned in 1 year of Full-Time Self-Employment."

Why could I relate to this?


I related to this because she is a natural hair enthusiast, entrepreneur, blogger, speaker, and coach.  Encouraging people to find their purpose by designing life plans for those desiring success.  I am sure I can pick her brain about her journey.  Just like I invite you to pick mine.

This is exactly what I need to know, because I am also coming up on my one year anniversary of being out of work, and it hasn't all been sunshine and rainbows.  Instead, it has been  a series of sudden down pours, cloudy days, and soggy mud pits.

If this is what God wants me to do, then why isn't it working out for me?


Well, "no body told me the road would be easy, but I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me!"

So, don't give up!  Keep going, keep finding that motivation that will help you jump over that next mud pit!


But really, this is the thing guys . . . God wants us to be happy in our work.  He desires that we live an abundant life as long as it goes along with his will for us.  This is going to be a movement, I see it happening.  People are going to start waking up out of the work week worry rut and into entrepreneurial business ownership.  God made us to be managers over the Garden of Eden . . . so why should we continue to spend our time working for other people who just want to boss us around.  Listen, for a person who has a Kingdom Inheritance, it is just not in you to be bossed around by someone who has no spiritual authority over you.  This is why we are so frustrated in our work life, we have natural tendencies to lead and manage.  We were made to rule!

Remember when Moses was doing so much work in trying to keep the Israelites in order.  He had got some advice from his father in law, Jethro:

"Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God:  And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.  Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:"

Exodus 18:19-21


We can apply this in 2 ways

#1 Seek wise counsel

Everyone needs to hear from someone older and wiser.  If you take the time to learn from someone you has the experience, you can avoid making their same mistakes.  If you listen to good advice, you will find your self closer to the mindset of success.  Always seek wise counsel.

A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:  Proverbs 1:5

#2 Work smarter not harder.

Being a good manager means knowing how to delegate responsibility.  We don't have to over burden ourselves with  things that we can get someone else to do.  In the long run, it helps the other person in their training and growth.  This is why Jethro gave Mosses this advice to teach others and then place them in positions of authority.  Create a funnel of responsibilities.  This is what good managers do in business, household, and life!

Moses was trying to do too much on his own. God wants us to enjoy our work.

The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it: Proverbs 10:22





I feel like this past year off of work had really put somethings in perspective for me.  I know God has a purpose for my life.  And I now know that God is not a short cut God.  If you really want to change your life, you have to put in the work.  Part of that work is getting to know yourself.  Then you need to show God that you can be a good manager over the little things, like you home, finances, and family, then he will bless you with bigger things to manage.

I feel those entrepreneurial juices flowing through my body.  However,  I am yet to really start a legitimate business that makes money.  This whole year has been a process for me and sometimes a hard broke pill to swallow!

So I wanted to hear and really get some advice on how to make some money from Adeea.  I felt that her insight and experience would shine some light on how to be a successful entrepreneur.  So I decided to listen in on her 2 hour periscope lesson to gain some knowledge of her 1 year Quit day Anniversary.

You see, I got laid of my job, but she decided to quit her job May 31 2016.  Come to find out she was a natural hair you-tube blogger more than 5 years ago and she has been building her business since then.  So, she didn't just start this year, she has been working at this for a while. That encouraged me because I'm only 1 year in this, and I'm constantly wondering "what am I really doing?"

This is why it is important to follow people who are going through (or went through) the same things that you are going through.  I will continue to watch this scope, and q you in on her 10 lessons of entrepreneurship.  Meanwhile, check out her website: http://adeearrogers.com/

Also, check out her "Trendsetters Elite Inner Circle" which is a community that will help you discover, and meet your business goals.  On her site she writes:

"I know what it is to have a dream and a desire and unsure how to fulfill it. I worked for 10 years in a job that was literally written for me. Flexible schedule (although it included weekends) and a chance to do what I liked to do. But there was still something missing. I wanted more. I looked in so many places to find this more. Then one day, I realized…
The MORE I seek is inside of me.

At that moment, people started coming to me sharing what they saw in me. Affirming and confirming the talents and gift inside. I believed them. But where should I start? Then God surrounded me with a group of women who nurtured, developed, and pushed me to wear I am now.

I know the power of community. I know the power of consistency. I know the power of habits that lead to significant change."



So let me go get my natural self together and learn how I am going to be successful as an entrepreneur and writer!


Lord, help me to always acknowledge you.  Knowing that you are the author and finisher of my faith.  And although my heart has many plans, it is you who will direct my purpose according to your will.  God Bless You All.

Until next Time
-Tamorra






No comments:

Post a Comment