Friday, May 26, 2017

Live Life post 129 Who is your boss?




I am concerned with the condition of this world . . .




Sometimes I tell myself . . . why should I care.  Why should I care what other people are doing, or what other people are thinking or how other people are living.  I tell my husband

“You know, I am very upset about this world that we are living in. . .”

He responds with tone of humor  “Hun, why are you worried about it, it’s not like you can change the world!”

But there is a strong urge in my spirit to do just that. I want to change the world. Not knowing exactly how, and not understanding the destiny for my life but just having that feeling that something has to change. Something about this world has to change.

We are living in an illusion that we are actually working for something.  But if people were really to sit down and calculated the time they waste on things that don’t matter, than they would see that most things are vanity and vexation.  Our lives, our jobs, our sense of importance, mean nothing if we aren’t  living on purpose.  We are just working to work if we are not working for the Lord.

If you follow my blog then you would know that I have recently decided to cash in my pension and pursue a career in writing.  But my writing is not only about the love of writing, it is about the love of Christ.  I feel like I was called to do something more with my life.  I answered the call.  Not everyone understands it, but I thank God for the support I do receive from my family to follow this dream.

Now the thing is that this dream doesn’t necessarily pay the bills.  So I decided that I was going to get a little part time job to help my husband pay the mortgage and other privileges that we don’t want to live without..

So, about this part time job: I’m doing this paper route.  I’m delivering newspapers from door to door, using my own vehicle, paying for gas.  Not to mention putting wear and tear on my car.  I wake up every morning no later than 2 o’clock.  I rocket down the road like a wild banshee on the prowl.  I am doing the best I can to bag and deliver over 100 papers in under 4 hours.  I rush, counting every minute, every turn down every street, so that I can get home on time to help my children get ready for school.


I fail.

 

I fail repeatedly.



The weekend is the worst and I can never figure out a path that will help me deliver all  my papers by  7am.  Yesterday I had dispatch call me:

“Hello, can we speak with Tamorra?”
“This is she”
“Hey, Tamorra.  This is Courier Post dispatch. Yeah, we received 5 complaints already from your route.  What is going on?”

I didn’t really have much to say except that I was still working on it.  I was still delivering.  And I was still trying my best to finish.

I did finish.  I always finished because I am determined not to embarrass my God.  I know that I am part of the Kingdom and I know that everywhere I go, I am representing God.

So when I say, I have a problem with the condition of this world, I have a problem with the way the world will use you and use you up.  I mean, I’m working this paper route 7 days a week, every morning and no one ever called me when I did deliver all the papers on time.  But they were sure to call me when something I did, cost them money.  They were also sure to take $1.50 out of my pay when I get a complaint on my route.  I only get $.22 a paper.  That is about 22 dollars a day for 7 days which is 154.00 a week.  Minus the $70.00 of gas I spend a week, not to mention the additional maintenance I will need on my car, leaves me with $84 a week.  My car payment is 226 a month, so for 4 weeks of work I make $336.00 minus my car payment leaves me with 110 a month.  When I look at it this way I worked on average 4 hours a morning/ 7 days a week for a total 28 hours for $27.5 a week, calculating to be a little under $1 an hour.

Um, I know my worth, and this job, just wasn’t worth it, so I gave my two weeks notice.  I was very honest about it.  “This is not for me”

So I ask you: “Do you know your worth.”

God is talking to you.  He is even calling you to do a job.  And when you do a job for him all he requires is for you to keep working, keep delivering, and keep trying your best to finish your assignment.

God is the best boss

God is the best boss ever.  He understands all that we are going through on our job here on earth.  I am talking about our spiritual job.  Our calling and our purpose. He knows every pathway we will go down, and if we listen to him, he will tell us which way to go.  He knows how to train and prepare us.  He knows when to give us motivation and when to correct us.  He knows our strengths and our weaknesses.  He knows exactly where to place us so that we can do the best job ever.  He knows what our work should be so that we can meet our full potential.

Even when we fail, he gives us another chance.

Even when we quit, he never took us off of the pay roll.

He is the best boss ever.

So, when I propose in one of our meetings that I want to change the world,  He comes up with a plan for me to do just that.

Talk it over with God, he will prepare you to do exactly what you are supposed to do.  Each and everyone of us have the capacity to be part of the team to change this world for the better. You just have to decide who is going to be your boss:  The World or God. . . 

Peace and blessings to you always. Start working for your purpose.

Until next time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment