Thursday, May 11, 2017

Live Life Post 120 We are not perfect but made perfect


We all have work to do in order to develop in Christ. We all have to go through a process of perfecting.  There is so much to learn and so much to study.  But what is the point of studying if we can't grasps the concepts that God is trying to teach us?  God wants us to be servants to his will.  His will is for us to obey his commandments.  But how can we obey his commandments if we don't know what they are?

God wants you to know his will and his commandments.  He wants to develop you to become Kingdom believers.  He needs you to develop your spiritual senses so that you grow in holiness.

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."  KJV

"Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord."  NIV

Hebrews 12:14
 


Well, I ask you to keep reading, keep studying, and don't just take my word for it when I explain something.  Don't just take anyone's word for it. SMH You must study for yourself to show yourself approved.

With that said, I share with you my thoughts  on the above verse (As given to me by the Holy Spirit) . . .




I'm not perfect . . .

I know I'm not perfect.  I am very far from it, as are all of us.  This is why I am always leaning on the word of God,  knowing that if I try to make a decision on my own, I would be off course.  I examine my life, I examine my self and I definitely see the hand of the Lord working in my life

Can you see God working in your life?


I want to let you know, that as a Christian you should be able to see the growth in your life.  You should be gaining knowledge of God and his will.  You should also be developing  your relationship with him.  When you do this, you can  look back on your life and see the things that you were doing wrong.  You do this because you begin to notice all the mistakes you had made in your life. You notice how often you have been off track.  We get off track when we act in the natural.  God understands this.  I thank God everyday that he loves me so much that he constantly decides to put me back on track!

He puts me back on track everyday.  Why?  Because I was hand picked.  Just like any believer was hand picked.  God chose us, he personally changed our heart so that we would be able to except the gift of salvation into our hearts.


How did this happen for me?  Well first I accepted Jesus into my life.  When I did this I was born again, a babe in Christ.  So now instead of living in the natural world, I had to start growing in the spiritual world.  In the spiritual world you are just developing your senses.  Just like in the natural, you may not obtain the ability to do certain things until a specific appropriated time. 

Sight


For example, when we were born, we couldn't see objects clearly.  Everything that a newborn sees is just a great big blur.  But the older the child gets, the more the cones and rods in the eye begin to develop and the clearer the picture of the world around him becomes.  The older that child gets, the further in the distance he is able to see.  His focus changes, his perspective changes, his vision and his interpretations of that vision changes.  The older that child gets the more he begins to understand that the objects that he sees in front of him will still exist, even once that object leaves his presence (his sight).  This is the theory of object permanence in the natural.  In the spiritual, the concept needs to be reversed and then we call it faith.

Faith then is the idea, that although we don't see it in our presence, we know it exists.  When you are born again and are operating in the spiritual, you should grow and develop in faith.  Faith then is also your spiritual sight.

Hearing

I wasn't 100% sure how a babies developed their hearing so I looked it up: 
https://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-sensory-development-hearing_6509.bc

before birth- the inner ear is totally developed by 20 weeks in utero
newborns- observing and paying attention to different voices/ sounds
by 2months- identifies the familiar sounds and respond to familiar voices
by 4months-the baby looks for the source of the sound
by 6 months-they try to imitate sounds
8 months to a year- The baby starts to babble, practicing and then creating the formation of words

We all know that we have ears, inside that you have a canal that leads to the ear drum.  Your ears are actually shaped to catch sound waves that then travel down the canal, carrying the vibrations to the drum, which bounces off of that. Then the brain interprets the vibrations as pitches, tones, and sounds then computes the meaning of it all!

Just like their is a process in the natural, there is a process in the spiritual.  Our spiritual hearing needs to be developed and strengthened in order to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit.  When we are born again, God places in us a new spirit.  We develop the senses of this spirit by reading the word of God.  The word of God holds God's voice (decisions, judgments, decrees, laws etc.)  The interpretation of it all comes by the power of the Holy Spirit.

So, how can we hear the voice of God?

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.  And I will put my spirit in you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgements and do them."  Ezekiel 36:26-27


Put it this way-

When you are born in the natural, you are born with a sinful spirit.  Not through any personal fault of your own, (this happened from the fall of man).  In the natural, the sin separates us from God.  This sin causes us to have a "stony heart," meaning that it can not be molded the way that God wanted it to be molded.  This "stony heart," (sinful nature, sinful spirit, old man, natural man) is lost in it's own pursuit of fulfillment.  It is hardened by the past sins of our ancestors (iniquities) and as well as our future sins.  Due to this fact, we will inevitably be sinners because it is the nature of this spirit.  This stony heart will not hear the voice of the Lord.

God wants to replace our heart, with a heart that can be molded and shaped into a vessel of love.  By doing this, his Spirit can go in, get rid of the old spirit, and place a new spirit with in us.  This is the concept of being born again.  We now have a spirit with the capabilities to communicate with the Holy Spirit.

We need the Holy Spirit to communicate with the new spirit that was placed in us by God.  This new spirit needs to be developed in us, it needs to grow in us so that we can go from being baby Christians,  to fully developed adult Christians.  We will go from hearing what is often described as the "small still voice" to that mighty thunderous voice:

At this also my heart trembleth, and is moved out of his place.  Hear attentively the noise of his voice, and the sound that goeth out of his mouth.  He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.  After it a voice roareth: he thundereth with the voice of his excellency; and he will not stay them when his voice is heard.  God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

Job 37:1-5


With all of that said, let's look at the verse that Paul was saying to the church of Corinth again. . .





If I were you, I would go back and read II Corinthians 7th chapter.  Paul was teaching on how Christians should separate themselves from people who do not have the same the same beliefs.  We are believers and should not entertain the same desires of people with a sinful nature.  We are born again.  Hence, we belong to God.  We are his sons and his daughters.  Chosen by him.  He does not do this for our sakes, but because he is mighty and marvelous.  We need to recognize his divinity in chosing to save us. (see Ezekiel 36:22)


We should admit that we are sinful by nature.  We should accept that we need God to change us, and to mold us into something clean.  There are many promises that God has for us, but we will not be able to understand if we don't start talking to the Lord.  We will not be able to talk until we learn how to listen.  We cannot listen, unless we have the ears to hear.  We cannot have spiritual ears unless we are born again.  We cannot have a mature spiritual ear unless we grow in our spiritual senses.

We grow in our spiritual senses by spending time with the Lord.  By hearing, reading and studying the word of God:  The Bible

I encourage you to find a bible believing church home with a Pastor/leader that has been sent to you, to teach you, and instruct you in the word.  I encourage you to study for yourself so that you can gain understanding of the word.  I pray that the word molds your heart and that truth is not taken from you by the enemy.  I pray that you hear the spirit of the Lord.

We are not perfect, but God continues to mold us, and he has the vision of what we will be in the perfection of holiness.


Stay encouraged, always surrounding yourself with the like hearted, and the like minded.

You were chosen for a purpose.  Grow in your purpose .

Until Next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment