Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Life Life post 124- Practice makes Better


I write because I am serving the Lord.  I write because God needs be to be prepared for something even greater.  I am a willing servant because I am doing my work for the Lord.

What are you doing to work for the Lord?

Do you feel you have a Purpose, or a Passion for something?

Bare with me on this one because God still wants be to communicate the importance of work.  So let us talk about practice . . .



Who can become a master at something without practicing her craft?


If there was one important lesson that God has taught me throughout the years, it would be the importance of practice.

When I was younger I had a desire to play the piano.  I was fascinated with how a player's fingers would glide across the ivory keys to produce melodic sounds of soothing ointment.  I would listen and watch my uncle play at church.  I asked him once, “How do you do that?” and he responded “Practice.”

So that is just what I did.  First of all, I had to start,  that wasn’t a problem.  I had such a desire for it that I would just pretend to play, I didn’t even have a piano yet.  My dad found me a keyboard once, I played that.  Later on my dad found me an old piano, keys missing, and way out of tune, but I would practice 3 to 4  hours a day.  I would just make up stuff on that old rickety piano and it made me very happy.  Pretty soon my mom thought it was time for me to get some lessons.  I had a little back ground in the notes, but the growth that I had received by learning techniques and songs from my teacher laid the foundation of my music style today.

It was hard at first, learning scales, learning how to read music, and learning how to read music and play at the same time . . . but I wouldn’t have that skill today if it wasn’t for the passion that I had for it, the persistence that I gave towards it, and the practice I put in, in order to obtain it.

God wants to instruct us is how to live a better life.  A life full of passion and purpose.  A Life that will make us feel happy.  But we have to first understand what he wants us to practice in order to fulfill our purpose.

One of my daughters teacher’s used to tell her class:


“Practice doesn’t necessarily make perfect, but it definitely makes better. . .”


This is one thing that I have found to be true:

Practice makes better, God makes perfect.

It is God that will give you the passion and the drive to achieve whatever it is you put your mind to achieve.  Why? Because God wants good success for you.  He made that plan for you and that is why you have a desire to obtain your dreams.  But anyone who knows anything about dedication and hard work knows that being great at something takes practice and persistence.

How do you think Jesus was able to achieve all that he was able to achieve.  Did he just sit on his couch all day and say “Look at me everybody, I'm the Son of God.  Now go get me the remote and some water I thirst!”  No, that is not what happened.  Jesus had to become successful at his gift in order to become influential to people.  He had to do it before people would follow him.  He had to learn it and practice it before he was able to teach it and show it to others.  He had to work at it.

Some people would argue: “No that can’t be right, there is freedom in Christ!”  Yeah you would say that if you didn’t read the scriptures and were looking for an excuse to be lazy!!!

A Christian Life is not about putting up your feet and relaxing.  A Christian life should be about working for the Lord.  I encourage you to start by studying the word of God and learn the importance of practice.

My desire is to keep studying this, but I really feel we have a lot of work to do in order to change our mindsets as Christians.  Let us all be workers for the Lord.

Until Next Time
-Tamorra




No comments:

Post a Comment