Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Live life post 127 Tuesday Tip to Live by

“If you’re serious about becoming a wealthy, powerful, sophisticated, healthy, influential, cultured, and unique individual, keep a journal. . .

“Don’t trust your memory. When you listen to something valuable, write it down. When you come across something important, write it down.” - Jim Rohn



If I can't say it enough, I'll think it until the Christian world understands the importance of keeping a record of your thoughts.  I kept journals in the past and have written a lot of poetry.  I always saw something different when I went back to reflect on the words I had written years before.  I always learned something new.


This blog acts as my journal.  I have been living for 36 years and collectively only have about 4 years recorded of it.  I wish I had more, I wish that I knew the value in all my past mistakes, in all my trials, and all my growth.  What were the thoughts that I was thinking?  What were the decisions that I made, big and small.  What did I learn that helped me overcome certain situations?


The Bible is a giant journal of people's lives, mistakes, good fortune, and triumphs.  This is the place to go to learn all that we need to learn. . . God already knows what we need to know how to be successful, now all we have to do is study to find out what  he needs us to know . . .


No, we can't always trust our memory.  Our brain dumps information that we haven't used.  Our brain dumps things that it thinks is not important when we haven't accessed that information in a while.  So, in order to learn and keep learning from our lives, we should really keep a journal. 


Now writing in a journal is just a first step.  The next step would be to  review it on the regular.  What were some hard decisions that you had to make in your life?  What did you learn about yourself in that situation?  How could you have handled things differently?  So on and so forth.


I like to reflect and think things out.  This is a good way to be a problem solver.  Look at the facts, analyze the facts and come up with a solution.  I come up with my solutions by presenting my problems, issues, and hang ups to the Lord.  When I read the bible, the Lord shows me were I can improve.  It also gives me perspective on my life.


I am serious about my life.  I am serious about living it to the best of my ability.  I am serious about God and my faith.  Therefore, I write it down, to show God I am serious about the things that he is teaching me.  I write it down to show that I don't want to forget what God has already shown me.  I write it down because I don't want to keep making the same mistakes.  I write it down because I believe in the directions that God is giving me.  I write it down because I have faith that my hopes and my dreams will come true.  I write it down because  God told me to:




I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Habakkuk 2:1-4

In context:  God was telling the prophet Habakkuk to write an announcement publically so that everyone can see it and read it.  The announcement was a vision to be announced by writing large letters on a tablet, which was a common practice back then.  Habakkuk was asking God, when would the time come where he would finally judge the wickedness of the world.  God answered him with a vision of how he would destroy Babylon (in parallel thought: also the system of Babylon, which is the world we are living in today).

God told Habakkuk to write the vision down.  What he wrote was not going to happen right away, but it will happen at the appointed time: the time that it was already decided to happen by the Lord.

side note: Let us understand that our understanding of time is not the Lord's.  God does not operate on a time line like we do.  He is infinite and always living in the present able to move in and out of the lines of time.  It is because of his infinite wisdom and understanding, that he can make the necessary calculations of what will happen, when it will happen, and how it will happen.  Now, since we live on a time line, the prophetic message will happen in our understanding of what the future is.  Our future is determined on the processes, circumstances, decisions, free will, and product of our calculations.  We are working out our future right now.  A future that God already knows!

Application:  So what does this mean for us and how can we apply this scripture?

The scripture is relevant to the time Habakkuk.  It is also relevant to us in our time.  The word of God is infinite and everlasting.  The word of God will always surpass our understanding unless we have interpretation by the Holy Spirit.  Hence, understand and hear what the Holy Spirit is saying to the church:

We should be writing down everything that the Lord is saying to us.  We must write it down in order for others to understand and apply the learning.  This way, we can constantly move forward.  This way we can constantly learn the ways of the Lord.  Always sharing, always teaching, and always motivating others with the word.  Even for those who are too busy to listen, even for those who are running too fast to see or read the message.  Write it down and make it plain.  Don't forget what the Lord is teaching and telling us to do.  If we do this effectively, we will grow and we will move along on this time line continuum.  But first we have to do what the Lord says do.

Additionally, everything is a parable.  God tells us stories and presents them to us in away that we can connect to them.  He is the master teacher and whoever seeks after him, gains more understanding.  So, each time you go back over the story, you get a higher understanding of the revelation.  This is why Jesus taught in parables.  It is not for everybody.  It is for those who seek after it.

Keep a journal, get a revelation from God about your purpose.  Write your purpose and don't forget it.  Love you with the love of Jesus.

Until Next Time
-Tamorra




No comments:

Post a Comment