Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Live Life post 155: Motivation: Is it important?






This was some of the art work from an art show that I did last year with the kids.  I had a fire inside me because my heart was full of all the possibilities that the Lord had for my future.  I had been recently laid off and had no prospects for the up coming school year.  I put all my time and effort into putting up this artwork.  I was so excited to organize it, put it together, and put it up.  It was a lot of work, but it was worth it because I was motivated to do it.

Motivation is very important.  It all depends on the source from which it comes. Some say not so much, but in this brief post  I want to tell you why I am not doing another art show this year.

The art show was part of an art camp that I threw last August at my church.  I, my sister in-law and some others worked with the kids to experience bible teaching and creative expressions by using their gifts.  We had cooking class, sewing, and painting.  It really turned out great.  I thank the teachers and voulnteers that came out for this week long event.

The extension of this VBS was to show the students' creations on display at the local library.  I also extended the show to outside artists who wanted a chance to show their work.  Not one single adult from my church came to show their support.  NOT ONE!  And boy was that demotivating.  So, this year there will be no art show.

I would like to do a show for the kids but the agony of the repeat offense of lack of support plagues my memory and that is something I don't want to experience again.  And so I am weakened by that.  Or so I thought . . .

In reality I come to realize that if there is anything worth doing, anything that you feel deep in your soul that has to be done; it doesn't require an outside source of motivation.  If you are doing something because it is part of your purpose, you will do it any.

I surmise that the art show was not part of my purpose. But it did show me that I know how to work.  I know how to lose sleep over a thing if I need to meet a deadline.  I knew this lesson from times before, God just had to remind me of that.  Now I am ready to go live my purpose, something that I was born to do, something that God gave me passion to do and therefore no disingenuous motivation is required.

Find what you love to do!

Until next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment