Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Live Life post 159: Are you being fed spiritually?

I was babysitting and I didn't feed her!! SMH


This is my Christian life.

 

 

So, I'm trying to get over the fact that my little niece spent the night last night and stayed the next day with my kids.  I am so sick to my stomach to say that my kids did not offer her anything to eat while she visited.  I'm sure that this is partly my fault as there was no more milk in the house for them to get cereal.  My kids are usually good at getting something for breakfast.  I just  usually do lunch and dinner. . .

 Lunch time I  made them jumbo soft pretzels.  Then I told them to eat the left over sausage from last night's dinner if they were still hungry.

Now I gave them these directions because I had to do my youngest daughter's hair.  I of course get up at 5am and my children, do to their summer lazy schedule, don't get up till about 10:30.  So, by the time 3:00 rolls around, I'm ready to take a nap before I have to get up and run them to their perspective rehearsals and band practices.  They, however, are wide awake and usually ready to eat me out of a house and home.

Granted, the visitor was not expected so there we no snacks in the house.  No ready made juice, or easy grab and go things to eat.  These are things I usually have in place when the kids have visitors over.  Why?  Because I don't like to be bothered.  The best thing about the kids having friends/ cousins over is that they are usually entertained by each other.  I provide the snacks and my kids entertain their company.

The only thing available in the house was peanut butter and jelly and last night's left overs.  They had access to brownies, which they devoured last night.  They chose not to eat the corn muffins because I do have to admit, they were nasty. 

With all this said, the sausage was not eaten. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were not made, because you know that would require them to stop the video game and make the sandwiches.   

I woke up from my nap, around 4:30 (30 minutes too late) and rushed everyone out of the house in order to get them to rehearsal by 5.  In the end, before I dropped my niece home,  I found out the only thing that she had eaten in the 18 hours that she was at my house was a cinnamon/sugar soft pretzel.  If  were her mother I would curse me out.  But you know sense I'm a Christian, I would try to restrain my self.  I know her mother is Christian, so I pray she can forgive me for not feeding her child.

Moral of the story, don't leave your children with me, I am a horrible babysitter.  I have my own children on a schedule and an understanding that if they don't fend for themselves or eat what I cook, they will then starve.  The only time that I am good at watching kids is if I have everything planned out and prepared in advance.  I am very good at organizing activities with larger youth groups.  But I fail to do that when the kids have unexpected company.  So, I guess they don't need to have company if they want to be lazy and not heat up the sausage like I told them!!

Pray for me-  I thank God that there is a lesson in everything

Here goes a Moral for Christian Ministry . . .

 God will not give you too many chances to feed his children.

God, gives us chances, but he is not going to trust you with more if you are not a good manager of what you have already.  How many chances do you think he will give you with his precious cargo before he has to teach you an important lesson?

Now, don't get all bent out of shape, this is really me talking to my self about somethings.

"His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
Matthew 25:23


If God sends you someone to mentor, to teach, or to guide in the word, you should really be prepared to do so.  People are visiting ministries, they are looking for truth, and they want to be fed.  If God sends them to you, you should have something sustainable to share.

I wasn't prepared for my visitor, but I should have had something set up for her to feel welcome, safe, and taken care of.  I had some sweets for her when she came, but would it really sustain her if every time she came over I only offered her sugar pretzels and brownies.  If  I did that every time she came over, her mother would stop sending her.

We as the church need to offer more than just praise and worship, empty prayers, and uninspired sermons.  If we don't offer more than this, God will stop sending them.

If you are wondering why your ministry is not growing, ask yourself if you had anything prepared for your visitors.   Do the people who work with you know what you expect when a visitor comes?  Do they know what to do,  do they know what to offer, do they know how to work?  Even if you taught them how to survive on leftovers, it doesn't mean that they all will feed themselves.

Do we really offer visitors food that will allow them to grow and keep coming back for more?  Is the food nourishing to their spirit?


God just opened my eyes on this one.  I can see now why people come to my church, then they stop coming.  I can see why God stopped sending me kids into the youth ministry.  I wasn't feeding them. . .

No more excuses, It is not about my kids not doing what I told them to do.  Instead it is about my kids doing what I trained them to do. I have to be a better leader.  I have to train them better.

I have to change my mind about how I am doing things.  I have to get more serious and I have to be prepared before God can trust me with any more of his children.

Pray for me

Until next time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment