Saturday, July 22, 2017

Live Life post 149: A Blog, is a Blog, is a Blog . . .

A Blog, is a Blog, is a Blog. . .


I really don't know how to put a definition on it.  I just know that it is something I enjoy doing.  Perhaps I'm not like everyone else.  There is  actually a constant recording of myself playing in my mind about the things I want to share with the world.  It is like I have wrote thousands of books during my lifetime just with this voice in my head.  I feel relieved when I can write some of it down.

But a blog is a blog


A blog is good for anyone who just wants to get their feelings and thoughts out.  It's like, this is what I think and I don't care what anyone else thinks about what I think, I'm going to write anyway . .  This is why I do it,  I do it because I enjoy writing.

A blog is a blog

They say you should stick to one subject.  You know find your tribe or your niche.  They say sticking to and focusing on your one audience will help you gain followers.  And so you have many bloggers with a strategic game plan to build an audience and make some money.

Me?  I just want to write about the Lord.  I am a Christian Blogger, not because I want to make lots of money but because I want to help people.  But first and foremost I want to help myself.  And so I am on my blogging journey.  I started a website artteacher4purpose.com which is a whole lot more complicated than blogger.  With Blogger I just open up a text box and start typing.

It has been about a year since I wrote my about page and unofficially launched my website.  My family doesn't understand.  They have no idea what a blogger is.  Their main concern is, "how are you going to make money?  How are you going to support your family? When are you going to find a real job?"

I'm not going to lie, this whole transition has taken a toll on me and I have little to no support to keep going.  I got laid of of my job.  I cashed in my pension.  I have a house in foreclosure.  My credit has fell from over 700 to the low 400's.  (side note:  When I need the credit the most, I can't get any!!)  Bill collectors call me everyday.  I can't pay for my car anymore.  I can't pay for gas to take my kids to band practice.  And the only way we are eating is by my sister-n-law bringing us food from her food stamps.

And so I blog, 


I blog,  because I pray that one day, the sacrifice of obedience will pull me through this season of darkness.

I know my God is good.  I know I am not going through this for no reason at all.  And although family members keep pressuring me to find a job and go back to education.  I understand that I cannot do anything that God does not want me to do.  I take direction from him.

But when you are low, people want to place the blame on you or the devil.  When you are doing well, people praise God, or they give themselves the credit for your happiness.

This is wrong thinking.  For every time and for everything, there is a season.  Seasons change,  you are going to live the season regardless of attacks from the enemy, or God's blessings.  God wants to teach us that we praise him through the good times and the bad.  Why?  Because God is always good.
No one but God will get the credit for my success.  Everyone else can go kick a rock.

A funny thing happen the other day . . . I have been doing this for a year now, and my husband comes to me like he had such a bright idea.  He said "You know, Sam (one of our friends) said that Ashley used to make money doing a blog about babies."

I replied sarcastically like I was surprised at his discovery, "Really, I didn't know you can make money from blogging, I should call Ashley so that she can tell me all about it."  He didn't catch my sarcasm and just replied "yeah, you should."

Don't get me started on husbands!  I feel like I understand crimes of passion when he feeds me condescending attitudes like that.  Like yesterday, I was doing yard work early like 8am, pulling weeds, planting flowers, and pouring mulch.  I turned on the sprinkler.  I watered one side then moved it to the other.  By 10am I'm getting a call from my mother in law telling me someone wanted to talk to me about getting a real job.  I told her I was busy, but by the time 10:30 rolled around I put my sprinkler on my newly planted flowers and headed over to another lecture about how I need to start working and stop wasting time with this blog business.

So, here is the husband comment that I got when I returned from the "Don't give up on your career." talk.  Almost 12 noon now, his mother standing between him and I in the front yard.  He says "Why are you watering the grass now anyway? You know, your supposed to water the grass early, not when it is hot, that defeats the whole purpose!"

So, I'm a Christian Blogger . . .


I won't encourage you to say what I said to him as his mother tried to cosign on his comment.  I didn't curse or anything but the sentence started out with "NEGRO!"

Isn't it funny how someone always has a comment or criticism when they have no idea about the work that you have already put into a thing.  I have been doing that yard by myself for the last two years.  It looks beautiful.

I'm not one of those wives that nags all the time,  I put up with a lot.  I don't nag.  I feel like I was definitely set up by my adversary yesterday and it was just a matter of time before I blew up.  So, with that said.  Being a Christian isn't about being perfect.  Being a Christian Blogger isn't about being perfect.  Being a Christian Blogger isn't about making money.  Being a Christian blogger is just about sharing my feeling, my thoughts, and my view points.  It is about how I see things in this world while also being a Christian.

Right now this blog is about me having an outlet to vent a little. 


So hear goes another lesson that I am learning while writing this blog:


Not everyone will understands what blogging is, what it is for, or why you do it . . . 

What ever your passion is, not everyone will understand it at first.  They don't have a vision for it like you do.  Therefore they will try to talk you out of it because they think they are helping you.  A lot of people will offer you all types of advice, even if it is something that you tried to explain to them many times over.  People will always think that they had something to do with your success.  They will think they had something to do with your sacrifice, your hard work, and your dedication. Despite their negative energy permeating your mindset, you will keep going.  They will never see that their attitudes, comments, and negative talk against your dream has only distracted you,  discouraged you, and deterred you from achieving your dream a lot earlier.  However, you should know that it is this kind of resistance that makes you want it more, fight for it more, and work for it more.

And so I blog, and I encourage myself.


I have built a resistance against negativity, and it has made me a lot stronger.  I will make it with or without anyone's help because I am a child of God and I believe in his promises.  There is a reason that I woke up this morning.  God has a purpose for my life, just like he has a purpose for yours.

Until Next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment