Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wisdom for Wednesday: The Chinese Bamboo tree



Greetings and a very good evening,

I am writing this blog late in the evening but felt it is an important one to share. I find my self at the mercy of time.    I don't have much of it at this moment.  Went back to work substitute teaching as a side hustle.  It is taking up my time but thank goodness not as much as a full time teaching job . . .

I thank God for teaching me the value of time. Time is important for growth.

I just want to encourage you if you are on your journey to purpose and you find yourself being called back to your old life.  You tell yourself that you can handle it.  You tell your self that it will be different this time.  I have to tell you that the Lord says not to turn around and look back.  Don't go back to what the Lord brought you out of. . .

The thing is that I did come out of a world that was just using me to keep its system going.  It was using me and using me up.  For me, it was my job, it might be something else for you.  I am not about that life anymore and I'm not going back.  Get this, several people are telling me about an art teacher position available at my alma mater.  However, I'm out of that world and I am on a mission to please my Lord.

You can't serve two masters!


That is the wisdom for Wednesday . . . It just can't be done.  We already don't have enough time to live and grow; so it is very important to pick who you will serve.  I'm not saying that you don't need to work . . . yes you do.  However, you don't have to neglect your family, yourself, and your creativity to do it.  Don't let the world suck your energy dry.  Let God nurture you during your time of growth.  Let the Lord give you a strong foundation and strong roots to hold up the weight that you were designed to carry.

I do have my moments . . . but it is detrimental to doubt

The only problem that I am having now on my journey is the need for money.  I think I do miss it a little bit.  This is why it is such an enticing offer to go back into the school system.  But then I remember the Lord's promises to me and I decide to stick with him.  This will happen to you as well.  You will always get that call to go back into the world, but it is a lie.  Keep on the path and keep following the vision that God has given you.  You can't see it, but he is preparing something special just for you.  Remember this also; you will never get any plant to grow if you keep digging it up to check it's growth!  Trust the plan.  Trust the Lord and don't listen to everyone else's opinions about where you are supposed to be!

Although nothing is happening right now with the business part of my transition, I know that it will happen eventually.  I know that if I keep planting good seed, if I keep watering that seed, and if I keep nurturing that seed, something will grow.  I'm waiting and trusting in the Lord:

This is more wisdom:

Wait and trust in the Lord.  He made you a promise and he always keeps his promises . . .


I am reminded of the Chinese Bamboo tree that I wrote about in my book, "Transition Into Life."  I have heard the story in many motivational speeches.  If you haven't heard about it, here is an excerpt from my book:



 
From Transition Into Life:

I remember listening to Les Brown always telling the story about the bamboo tree that took 15 years before it started to show any signs of growth. The special thing about this bamboo was that for 15 years, there would be no sign of growth, but the person growing it would have to believe that if he watered it everyday, that one day in that fifteenth year it would tower beyond his expectations.

I thought the story was so fantastic that I decided to look it up and research this amazing bamboo tree. I found nothing about a tree that you had to water for 15 years, but I did find some information of the Chinese Bamboo tree.

This awesome tree, which came from a little seed, needed to be planted in a rich soil, in the right environment, in the right climate, at the right time. It then had to be cared for and watered everyday. After the first year nothing would happen. The same result of a vacant dirt bed would plague any unwitting person passing by. The ground still yielding no proof in year 2, 3, or 4 of the seed that lay growing a strong foundation beneath the soil. The farmer, he knew.  He was the one who planted the seed in its place, he knew and waited patiently.  He continued to water it everyday because he knew that one day in the 5th year, the bamboo tree would shoot up to be over 80 feet tall in the period of five weeks!

Here is the point to that story; your growth is inevitable because God designed you to grow. The thing is no one but God knows your growth plan. No one has the right to say where you are going or where you are going to end up. God is preparing your strength for whatever he has planned for you to endure. Some people understand this and some don’t. Some people will learn this, others never will.

Put yourself in the right environment and the right climate to grow. For everything there is a time. Your time is now!


Don't go back into a system that was not designed for you.  Your father is calling you to something better.  He sees you on your way back home and he is preparing a big party for you.
Give it time, it's going to happen.

Live your Life on Purpose
Until Next Time
-Tamorra



Check out this article:


https://www.southwesternconsulting.com/roryvaden/blog/the-power-of-patience-combined-with-persistence-the-story-of-the-chinese-bamboo-tree/

No comments:

Post a Comment