Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Teacher Tuesday: Good for you.



I was so very impressed with a young man that I had met in school the other day.  He was a student in a special education science class.  It had looked like he had finished his work early and so I asked him "Are you all done?"  His teacher quickly interjected and said "Yes, he is an ridiculously fast typer."

So, my curiosity was not yet quenched by the explaination of him finishing his work early.  So I asked him how many words per minute does he type exactly; expecting him to be close to my 54 words per minute.  Then out of his mouth rang "128 words per minute."  I couldn't believe it.  He was a junior in highschool and he could typ 128 words per minture.  I wanted to know how.  More than that I wanted to know why.

He explained to me that it was because he had a typing teacher in 8th grade who would always rag on him about his posture.  She would tell him that he would never reach her typing speed if he kept sitting the way that he was sitting.  He also told me that she used to complain about him not using the home keys when he was typing, something that he still does not do until this day.  He told me that she was so annoying that one day he just decided that he was going to beat her typing speed.  So he would  practice everyday.  Getting faster and faster until he reached 128 words per minute surpassing her 120 words per minute count.  Then he said that was why, "I just wanted to shut her up."

I told him good for you.


Don't limit other people by your closed mind of what can be achieved.  You have no idea what God has in store for the person who does things a little different.  You have no idea what gifts are hidden in another person.  Always be encouraging, always be helpful.  Always be who God made you to be and let others do the same.

Live your life on Purpose
Until Next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment