Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Wisdom Wednesday: Find wise Counsel




I am well on my way of finding a new circle and this is why . . .


I love my family and my friends, but I am quickly starting to see that they do not know what I want to know about business.  They only know what they know and therefore they can only teach me what they know.  I am understanding that the people around me know how to play it safe. Playing it safe is not a characteristic of an entrepreneur.

I am just starting to build my business on this online platform and I am building it from scratch.  I do this blog to practice my writing and my editing skills.  But now it is time to go the next step.  But how do I go the next step if I don't have the know how?  I have to seek wise council in the area that I want to grow in.

They say that if you are the wisest person in your group, then you have to find a new group . . . I don't totally agree with this statement. I want to keep my friends.  I think I picked some really great ones.  I think that there is something special in each and everyone of us.

The truth is that you have to surround yourself with what you want to know.  Why?  Because it is a biblical principle.  "Faith comes by hearing . . . and hearing . . . and hearing."  You will start to believe what you put yourself around.  If you have a goal that you want to achieve, you don't want to fill your head with a bunch of non sense.  No, you have to get focused.  You have to surround yourself with knowledge that is going to help you grow into your purpose.

I know that a good foundation is key.  Therefore, I am not the person to cut off my family or leave my church family behind.  This is my foundation in the Lord, and I know that God put me right where he needed me to be.  The reason why he places us where we are, is so that we could provide the gifts that we have with others; so that they could share theirs with us for our growth .  However, for those who are bringing constant drama and gossip; they got to be kept at a distance because they can stunt our growth.

Our purpose is to grow!


Everyone's purpose is to grow.  So, I started to ask myself why do so many chose not to grow?  A lot of people I know find their comfort zone and they stay in it. But the word of God always talks about the process, about sowing,  watering, and growing.  I thank God for the seeds that he has planted in me.  I thank God for the increase.  What seeds did he plant in you?  What are you supposed to be sharing with others?  I'm so glad that God made each and everyone of us special.

Glory be to our God!


With that said, I am ready to learn more.  The Holy Spirit is leading me into deeper understanding about growth.  One of those revelations is that you have to seek after what you want to know.  Sometimes this means you have to find the people you know the things that you don't know.

In other words: Seek wise council.



I prayed to God for wise council.  I thank the Holy Spirit for guidance and for the opportunity to live my journey.  Yes, this is my journey and you have one of your very own.  My desire is to learn more about being a writer and  to learn more about how to make it a profitable business.  Let me share with you who I'm listening to and reading about.

Mark Batterson 

He is a pastor and author of "Draw the Circle" and many other books.  He teaches on prayer and has great wisdom in this area.  By reading his books I am learning about how to be bold for Christ, how to pray by faith, and how to believe the promises of God.  Check him out on his site:

https://www.markbatterson.com/




Seth Godin

He is an author who taught me about how important it is to write everyday if I really wanted to improve my skills as a writer.  My favorite quote from him so far is from his book "Tribes," or it could have been "Linch Pin." I just know that it stuck with me!

"No one is going to see your PowerPoint presentation and give you a million dollars!"


. . .At least this is how I remember the quote and it means so much more than what it actually says . . . to me anyway.  Check his blog out, he definitely takes time to think about education, about entrepreneurship, and about leadership.



Tiphani Montgomery


Woman of God! Woman of God!

She is the Founder of the Millions Conference and business woman extraordinaire.  This is who God sent to me to let me know that he has awesome plans for all of us.  She is an entrepreneur/speaker/motivator/author for women who are looking to make bold moves for Christ.  Just an awesome energy to be around.  

In the video below she is talking about the 9 things she learned about being an entrepreneur.  One of those things was,  "not everyone is going to be able to come with you!"




Terry Savelle Foy


Terry is awesome for the beginner looking to follow their dreams.  She is the motivator of dreams.  That is her gift.  She is an author/speaker/motivator/entrepreneur.  She has helped me so much in my journey.  Check out her book "Dream It, Pin It, Live It."  It had a lot of motivational stories about achieving your dreams, goal setting, and mindset. Check her out.



Alyssa

I just found Alyssa and I think she is awesome!  She has a channel on YouTube  called "Awesome Acts" where she talks about the awesomeness of God.  She has some great testimonies and I really like listening to them. Check her out.


Kytia L'amour

I'm just going to say . . . She's my friend now! Hey Kytia.  Entrepreneur/model/woman of God.  Hawaii native doing her thing representing our Lord and Savior!



I'm running out of time, but I love you guys.  Check out my new friends especially if you are an Christian entrepreneur, business owner, or author trying to find your way.

Live your life on purpose.
Until Next Time
-Tamorra




No comments:

Post a Comment