Monday, January 23, 2017

Live Life Day 24 "What if I fall?"



Day 24 "What if I fall? Oh but darling what if you fly?"  -Erin Hanson

Hello, if you are just now joining us we are doing 365 days of encouragement.  I bought this little calendar by Sandra Magsamen (www.sandramagsamen.com), that has all these great quotes on it. . . I thought it would be cool to share the happy thoughts with you.  So If you get a chance go back from the beginning leave a thought, comment, or prayer request and we can help each other out and encourage each other . . .

So, I saw this quote and I didn't know who Erin Hanson was and I thought to myself, these words are very poetic, let me look her up. Only assuming Erin was a she at the time, yes she is a she and she is a poet! Here is the original poem:

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?"
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”
― Erin Hanson

This is just so encouraging and wise.  We have to take chances to be the very best that we can be and we can't be afraid to fall.  If God is for us who can be against us.  We have to take the chance to be better, live better, and love better.  Let's stop thinking about what would happen if we fall but instead know what will happen when we fly.  This is Faith!

I wanted to know how long this writer had been around so I googled a little more and found this quote from her from 2014.

“I’m 19 and live just outside of Brisbane, Australia in the same house that I have for my whole life. The things I enjoy doing most are writing (obviously), reading and I absolutely love to make things. I do a lot of sewing whether that’s sewing dresses, bags or anything in between. I love doing crochet and embroidery too, so pretty much anything that involves making something new and unique, I’m there!”

So for me this was soooo awesome because she is so young, but has lot's of faith in her creative abilities.  I do the same thing!  I always loved to make things, I write poetry, paint, sew, and crochet.  I am a creative person and I know so many people are too . . . I want to encourage you to share your creativity with the world.  Start somewhere, don't be afraid to fly . . .

I'll leave you with one more poem from her . . .


“Do not hold your breath for anyone,
Do not wish your lungs to be still,
It may delay the cracks from spreading,
But eventually they will.
Sometimes to keep yourself together
You must allow yourself to leave,
Even if breaking your own heart
Is what it takes to let you breathe.”
Erin Hanson

God Bless You.
Until next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment