Monday, January 9, 2017

Live Life 10: On Keeping a Journal

Day 10 "Everyone you'll ever meet can teach you something."


I consider myself a life long learner.  I am constantly looking, observing and trying to figure out what God wants me to learn from the different experiences I have.  Often times we can miss things that God is trying to show us.  Not on purpose, but just because of the business of our lives.  What I try to do is keep a journal.  I try to write down my experiences, my thoughts, my feelings, and my reactions to things that are going on around me.  It is awesome how when I go back to reflect on these things, I gain a deeper insight on the situation.

We can also do this by reflecting on the different relationships that we have had with people over the years.  Good relationships, or bad relationships, we can learn something about ourselves.  We can look at our patterns and reflect on our habits.  Why is it that we tend to make the same type of mistakes?  What can we learn from our mistakes?  What do you continue to learn from the people around you?

When I was a preschool teacher I learned all types of things from my students.  I learned about my self, my creativity, and my low patience level.  The whole experience really taught me a lot as it built me up and prepared me for future lessons.  My little ones even taught me how to speak Spanish!  There is so much to learn in this world.  We just have to open up our minds and our eyes to see the life lessons that we encounter each and every day.  We were made to grow, we grow by default.  Learning is just another way to grow.  So, who will you allow to teach you the best way to grow?

I hope you start asking yourself the right questions in order to find the right answers in Jesus Christ.

Until next time
-Tamorra
artteacher4purpose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment