Saturday, August 19, 2017

Live Life Post 178: Power for Living

Have you read this book yet?

Power For Living

If I said it once, I have said it twice, and I'm sure anyone who has lived this life knows that depression is real.  That overwhelming feeling of anxiety or just the sadness of hopelessness can take hold of anyone of us, at any given time.  This life is a hard life to live, especially if you don't have the power and love of Jesus to get you through it.

Knowing Jesus Christ, building a relationship with him is the most glorious feeling that you can feel.  It gives you hope for the future and it gives you joy to keep faith.  There is a power from believing in the promises granted from the belief in Jesus.  This is why I am suggesting this book.  It is a book of encouragement.  It has a line up of personal success stories of people/celebrities who had put their trust in the Lord to achieve great things.  This book is definitely a faith builder as you read not only the stories of the people in it but the story of the writer himself.

Everyone has their journey.  Everyone should have their own personal relationship with the Lord.  Let us grab hold of our inheritance and gain encouragement from those who have also been in some hard places.  Let us increase our faith by looking at stories of success.  Let us continue to encourage each other by walking with the Lord.  You can do this.  Jesus is the Power for Living.

Wiki says:

"Power for Living is a Christian evangelistic book distributed free of charge by the Arthur S. DeMoss Foundation in various countries around the world. It was heavily advertised in the US in the mid-1990s as a seemingly secular self-help book."

Here is the thing, I believe I have the copy that was published before 1983.  Critiques say that this book was just a bunch of fluff trying to influence people into the Christian Faith.  It was also mentioned that there was a rewrite of this book heavily circulated in the 90's that left a lot of the original content out about who God  really was.  I say, ok, there is nothing wrong with leading people to Christ with a little encouragement.  Christians encourage each other in the Christian walk, that is what we do.  The next step, then, is to encourage growth.

I enjoyed the book.  It was short, and it was an easy read.  I ask God, with any book that I read,  what do you want me to get out of this?  For me, this book was  a collection of encouraging stories that were sent to me to motivate me to keep pressing on.  It gave me energy to follow the dreams that God had given me.  I do believe that by following the Lord, being obedient, and learning his voice, I can achieve anything.  I can do the will of God.  I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13).

You can probably finish it in a few hours.  Check it out.
Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment