Monday, August 7, 2017

Live Life 167: Let's start a Motivational Monday!

In order to get my blog organized  I'm going to start a motivation section!


Let us call it Motivational Mondays . . . and you guys have to hold me to it . . .

I really want everyone to get what they need from this blog.  I know that I need a lot of motivation.  I'm guessing everyone does.  Motivation is important because it can trigger you to get in the right mindset about what you need to do.  It gives you a boost of energy and acts as a support when you feel alone.  It helps you get focused on your purpose.

There are times that I ask God "where are you?"  I don't want to mess up or risk going too far on my own. It is always necessary to continue your walk with the Lord, always talking to him in order to make sure that you are doing the right thing.

When I learned what I needed to do to encourage myself, I realized that God was always there, holding my hand, and teaching me how to encourage myself.

I actually have an encouragement plan.  When I feel unfocused, confused, or discouraged I do the following:

I go for a walk:  This is a no pressure walk, more like a stroll just to clear my head.  I don't tell my self that I'm going to pray or anything, I just enjoy the quiet of my neighborhood.  I then begin to focus on the nature around me, the sky, the birds.  I then start to think about how awesome God is and I start talking to him.  Still with no pressure that I have to say anything significant or anything at all.  I just think.  Sometimes, I just listen.  I soak in all that peace that he wants to give me.  I know everyone doesn't have this luxury, but I think the point is to find your quiet place and allow God to fill you with peace.

I listen to a motivational message:  I go right to You Tube.  Most of the time I choose to listen to TD Jakes or Dr. Miles Munroe.  I follow them on You Tube so it comes right in the front as suggestions for me.  While I have to clean, do laundry, or the dishes, I'm listening to a motivational message.  My suggestion is to get a good pair of headphones if you don't want to be distracted by anyone.  This is the time that you have to take care of  you.

I pray:  Of course I pray! When I'm feeling sluggish or down I specifically ask God to "lead me to the scripture that is going to get me moving," or "lead me to the message that is going to motivated me to do your will today." or "Thank you for my life, what is my purpose for today?"  I pray and ask  God to give me the energy to meet his requirements.

I look at pictures: Yes!  I am a Pinterest fan.  I have secret boards just for my-self that remind me of God's plan for me.  I have a board called International Best Selling Author.  Don't try to find it because it is locked.  It will not be unlocked until my dreams come true!

I call my mom:  If my mom wasn't my mom, she would probably be my best friend.  I'm sure she's the four out of the eight people reading this blog.  I can talk to my mom about a lot of things.  She usually can tell when I'm down and the Lord will give her the right things to say to me.  If you don't have your mom, you need to find a friend to confide in.  If you don't have someone to talk to, pray to God and ask him to send you somebody.

I love to write and read poetry:  This is a personal love of mine  but I encourage you to take sometime to do what you love to do.  Poetry is a way that I clear my head of the many, many thoughts swimming around at once.  Of course I write, but the poetry is therapy.  There is also my favorite go to You tube video that tells me how great I am.  LOL.  It is a poem entitled "I am Awesome!"  I had shared this with you guys before but look, it works for me.  The one I watch is for the ladies but I believe he has one for the gentlemen too!  Check it out below.



God  already gave us the tools.  He gave us the book, and he gave us access to the Holy Spirit.  Let us learn how to use these resources to stay encouraged in the Lord.  Let us continue to talk to each other and encourage each other.

Through out this journey, I have tried to throw out some motivational video's, some quotes, and just words of encouragement to motivate myself and others.  I think Motivational Mondays should be short and sweet tid-bits of encouragement.

What do you think Motivational Mondays should incorporate?

Leave your suggestions in the comments  . . .  

Good luck to you on your journey to find your purpose.

Until next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment