Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Live Life 168: My Sister's Wedding, balancing between business and family




 

 

 My sister's Wedding . .  balancing between business and Family


Wow, and thank God it is August.  There is still so much to do and so much I would love to accomplish in my life.

I pray that we all know that each day we wake up is a gift.  God has decided once again that we could wake up and have another chance at fulfilling our purpose!

And what good is this life that we live if we cannot enjoy the fruits of our labor?  I just pray to God that the work that I am doing now is not in vain.  I pray that the time that I spend with my family is not in vain.  I pray that the time that I spend in ministry is not in vain.  I talk myself out of my worry because I know who God is  and  I know how his law works.  There is a law of sowing and reaping, and I thank God in advance for the harvest.

Nothing that you do is in vain if you are doing everything to the will of God.  Don't worry, don't rush, don't stress, and don't toil. Just be calm and trust God.

I thank God that he miraculously allowed me the funds to attend and be part of my sister's wedding last month.  It was a beautiful event.  I didn't know how I would be able to do it.  I didn't really want to take the time off of working on this blog and my business.  But I'm glad that I did and it was worth it.

We have to remember that God blessed us with the things that we have so that we can enjoy them.  He wants us to enjoy our children, enjoy our family, enjoy our work, and enjoy our freedom in Christ.  If we cannot do this, then we should have a meeting with the man upstairs right away, so that he can show us how to do this thing called life.

Work time is important.


Don't let anyone say that your work is not important and that you should spend more time in other areas of your life.  If you are working towards your dream, keep working for it.  Keep your drive.  Keep the hustle alive!

It is not about how much time you spend on something, it is about the quality of time you spend on it.  So, if you are going to spend your time on work, make sure your work is worth something.  Make sure that your work has purpose and make sure your work comes from God.


Family Time is important.

It is also important to put work into your relationships.  Work on spending quality time with family, friends, God, children, and work.  Perhaps you have to be like me and schedule the time you spend in each area.  Perhaps your areas are not the same as mine.  All I know is, I would have felt really bad if I didn't go to my sister's wedding to support her.

Don't let anyone say that your family is not important.  The seeds you sow today brings you a harvest later down the road.  So, if you choose not to spend time in order to install those christian values into your children, your not going to see the return.  If you choose not to invest time with your family don't expect to reap the love and support you will need from them later down the line. Invest in your future. It is best to learn how to balance these relationships now so that you get good at it.  You will enjoy them even more later.


Valuing your time is important

If you don't value your time, no one else will.  Time is a gift.  Each one of us gets allotted a certain amount of time here on earth, and non of us know when our time is up.  So, why do so many of us just live life like we have all the time in the world?  It is so much less stressful if you have a plan for your time.  

It is ok to plan out your time.  This is what makes us special as human beings.  We have the mind to make decisions and have the ability to make a plan.  So, make a plan for your time!

This is what I did for my sister's wedding and for my family vacation.  I just said to my self, "you know what, you are just going to run yourself ragged trying to work and spend quality time with your family at the same time.  Try if you want but there will be nothing quality about your work nor your family time!"  

I made the decision to take a month off.  I didn't work on my website or blog from  June 15th - July 15th.  I was able to clear my head, take a vacation to Florida with the Family, then attend the wedding in VA with my other side of the family.  Good Times.

It is all about balancing and making those decisions that make good use of your time.


I wish I had a how to Guide! But I'm sure I am learning right along with you.  When I get all my thoughts together, I'll put it in a book!

I pray that this was helpful in your journey to finding your purpose.
Until next Time




No comments:

Post a Comment