Friday, August 18, 2017

Live Life post: 176 Draw the Circle

Did you read this book yet?

Draw the Circle

My sister-in-law, very excited about an online prayer challenge class she was participating in, insisted on taking me to the local book store to buy me this book.  Hesitantly, I volunteered to drive.  We went to several places but could not find it at the Walmart, the Target, or at the library. I also discovered that the Christian book store around the corner had just shut down.  Eventually we googled it and saw it was available at Barnes and Noble.  So we took the 30 minute drive and I am happy to report that it was worth all the fuss.
 
I have to suggest this book for anyone who really wants to enhance their prayer life.  This is a 40 day prayer challenge but I have to tell you I could not stop reading it!  It was hard for me just to read one chapter a day.  Why? Because it was full of great faith building stories about how God answers prayers.  More than that, it gives you some awesome insights on how to pray.  How to be consistent in prayer, how to encourage your self in prayer, how to really believe your prayers, and how to stand strong in the deliverance of your prayers.

Our God is an awesome God, and he is a supernatural God.  God really wants us to be successful in this life.  He doesn't want us to be burdened down with things that we can ask him to handle.  Cast your burdens on the Lord and let him fix the things that you think are going wrong in your life.  When you change your prayer mindset from "oh, Lord what am I going to do?" to  "I know the Lord is handling it because I prayed for it,"  the outcomes of your prayers change.  You stop wasting your time complaining about the same things and you start praying for what needs to be prayed for.  You start to see your supernatural blessing, and supernatural answers to your prayers.

Loved this book, suggested it to others and now my mom has borrowed it. (I have to remember to get it back!)   It was actually a companion book that Pastor Batterson wrote after writing "The Circle Maker."   This book I have not read but I plan too since Draw the Circle was so good.  Very Similar in message "The Circle Maker" claims to  "show you how to claim God-given promises, pursue God-sized dreams, and seize God-ordained opportunities. You’ll learn how to draw prayer circles around your family, your job, your problems, and your goals.”

Some critiques claim that Batterson's promotion of miracles, ideas on proximity power, and a sort of "name it, claim it philosophy"  is a sign of New Age influences or prosperity preaching beliefs.  However, God told me that everything in the earth belongs to him.  The enemy tries to take things for his own, he tries to turn and twist the truth into a lie by taking out Jesus.  However, God's people will soon be awakened to the supernatural power and spiritual understanding that he wants us to possess.  God wants us to have access like Jesus had access.  We can't keep going how we have been.  It is time for us to start believing in miracles, praying for miracles, and performing miracles!

This is a strong book by Pastor Mark Batterson that outlines some of the prayers that he prayed when requiring his church building, a neighborhood coffee shop, and the overall growth of his ministry in Washington D.C.  He talks about faith and personal growth. He talks about the goodness of God.  If anything I thought it was very encouraging to my faith walk.

I'm all about learning more about who I am in Christ.  I also encourage people to walk in faith, in wisdom,  in truth, and in love.  When we do this we walk in our purpose.  Be blessed and be encouraged always.

Until next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment