Thursday, October 12, 2017

Visioneering: Understanding how to wait on God's timing

This is a season where God is pouring out his spirit.  People are getting ideas for business, we are networking, and we are getting visions to do great things in the world.  We are stepping out on faith because God has given us a push so great that we are eager to take action.  This is the fire that God wants us to have but he also wants us to be wise.  He wants to prepare us to be mature in order to fulfill our purpose and to achieve the vision he has for us.  We must go through conditioning before we can run the marathon.

I would like to encourage you to start the journey to change your mind set.  Understand that you have a purpose and God has a plan for your life.  I am reading this book by Andy Stanley and it is a great resource to help you identify your purpose, understand your vision, and navigate to that vision.
The following is a free 7 day devotional that you can get from Youversion.com.

 Visioneering by Andy Stanley

 


Devotional
Day 2
“In God’s School”

If you saw The Empire Strikes Back, you may remember the scene in which Luke wants to go and rescue his friends before he has finished his Jedi Knight training. Yoda begs him to wait. “Luke, you must complete the training.”

But Luke has seen the future, and he knows his friends’ lives are in danger. He says, “I can’t keep the vision out of my head. They are my friends; I must help them.”

Yoda finally issues a dire warning. “If you leave now, help them you could, but you will destroy all for which they have fought and suffered.”

Still, Luke is determined to go. He is so locked in on what could and should be that he feels compelled to leave immediately. So he does. And do you remember what happens? Everything works out great!

But that’s in a galaxy far, far away. Back here where we live, action before preparation usually spells disaster.

In the case of your divinely ordered vision, God goes to work in you to prepare you for what he knows lies ahead. Like Luke Skywalker, you may so urgently feel the need to act that it seems foolish to wait. But God is sovereign. Keep that in mind. Your vision is simply an extension of his vision. And his timing is perfect.


-That was just a sample.  Get your free copy at Youversion.com

 I agree with this excerpt.  Just because you were called and you know that you have gifts to use, it may not be your time to jump in just yet . . .

I want to let you know that I was one that didn't really think things through.  I didn't have a plan and I didn't know much about setting goals or things like that.  I thought when God called me that everything would just fall into place.  I also thought that I didn't have to look for another job after I got laid off.  This was not wise thinking.  This was a trap of the enemy.  I went through a lot of unnecessary financial stress.

Perhaps it would have been wise for me to find a side job where I could save up some money, or perhaps I should have been wiser with my spending before hand.  I know that I am learning important lessons now but it is hard to learn those lessons when you are trying to provide for your family.  Change your mind about the "follow you dream message" because it has an underlying permission to be irresponsible.  The word of God doesn't teach this.  The word of God teaches that if you make a vow to anyone, you should keep it.  Your word means a lot. Do not be irresponsible when you are to follow your purpose

God wants us to be prepared, organized, and wise in our decision making.  We have to be so good at our Godly walk and understanding his word until it is part of us.  Knowing his word allows us to make the right decisions.  Building our relationship with the Lord allows us to know that his timing is perfect and we can find peace in that.

To read more about my stinking thinking, you can read this past article:

http://artteacher4purpose.com/2017/04/14/stinking-thinking/


Good luck on you journey to find your purpose.
Until Next Time 

No comments:

Post a Comment