Tuesday, October 10, 2017

I'm Starting a Devotional Journey: Visioneering

 
 
 
I told you guys before about this awesome application called Youversion.
You can get bible verses sent straight to your inbox everyday.  You can create your own devotional practice or share bible verses with others or what ever else you wanted to do.  The app also shares links to great resources that you can use for your personal spiritual growth.

I'm going to do a 7 day devotional called "Visioneering."  I chose this resource because I had just started reading this book called "Visioneering" by Andy Stanley.  I have the original version of the book, but this year marks the 20 year relaunching of this life transforming book on vision and finding your purpose.  I told you living on purpose was important.  God is pouring out his spirit so that people can start waking up to the work that they were made to do.

You can download the app and participate in this devotional, it is absolutely free.  Hence, I will like to share Day 1 with you.  And remember this is written by the same author.  The ideas, thoughts and views come from the book "Visioneering," which was truly inspired by God.  It is a message that God wants us to understand and live by.  I encourage you to read the book, and I will be sure to do a complete review when I am finished reading it myself.
 


Devotional Day 1
 
“What You Were Made For”

Let me begin our seven days together with a fundamental truth: You were created with God’s purpose in mind. And until you discover his purpose for you—and follow through on it—there will always be a hole in your soul.

As Ephesians 2:10 says, you are God’s workmanship. Don’t let this important reality slip by. Say it out loud: “I am God’s workmanship.”

Do you know what that means? It means you are the product of God’s vision. God has decided what you could be and should be. And through Christ he has brought about, and continues to bring about, changes in you in accordance with his picture of what you could and should be.

But his vision for you is not complete simply because God has the vision. It has to be made into a reality. So you have a crucial part in it. As Paul says, you have been crafted to do good works. The particular works God has in mind for you are important and are different from the ones he has in mind for me or for anyone else.

Honestly, I can’t get over the fact that the God of the universe has something in mind for us to do. After all, doesn’t he have other things to think about? But the apostle Paul assures us that God has prepared something specific for us to do.

This means you and I have no right to live visionless lives.  If God has a vision for what we are to do with our allotment of years, we had better get in on it, don’t you think? What a tragedy it would be to miss it!

God’s vision for you is what you were made for. And more than that, his individual vision for your life is a small part of a grand plan for the universe that he envisioned and put in motion long before you or I came on the scene. I’m not exaggerating one bit when I say that your vision came from eternity past and fulfilling it will have effects lasting into eternity future.

Think about what it means to be God’s workmanship and begin trying to discern the purpose God has built into you. 

source: YouVersion.com
 
-Until next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment