Thursday, August 30, 2018

the importance of self care


Welcome to Throwback Thursday!

I have a few things to throw at you . . .


First of all,  I watched a live broadcast of Rachel Hollis and her Hubby Dave yesterday . . .It was very good and very informative.  She did a reading of her brand new book called "Girl, Stop Apologizing."  I recorded it but then lost it because I never saved it!!!

What did I get out of it?

Basically, if you need help, ask for help.  You were never meant to do this alone. . .

Here is the thing friends, we are way too stressed and way too overwhelmed with soo many things.  We really need to start taking a lot of these things off of our shoulders and let other people help us complete our purpose.  When we start changing our mind set about having to do this alone, the Lord will send you help.  You are the one that has to make the decision to change your perspective!

So, I remember writing this article about two years ago called "Prioritize Your Purpose."  It was about how to follow God's direction and make that a priority in your life.  One of those directions was to take care of yourself.  The reasoning behind this realization is simply this gist: you cannot possibly take care of other people until you learn how to take care of yourself.

Change your perspective:

Take care of yourself so that you have the energy to take care of others!


Friends, the thing is as mothers, as fathers, as business people, as volunteers for ministry, as workers in the field, and as people with to-do lists; we have a lot on our plates.  It is necessary for you to have an outlet and a down time in order to recalibrate, refocus, and rejuvenate your mind.


"And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:" 
Mark 2:27

This is not a new idea for God's people.  The Lord told us to have a sabbath day and to keep it holy.  This means that we should keep it separate from all the other days that we have.  This day should be a relaxed day.  It should be a day spent in meditation on the word of God.  It should be a day to talk to God and seek direction for your life.

Many of us may not be at that point to where we are in constant fellowship with the Lord but I encourage you to start putting a day aside that you don't have to answer to the stresses of the world.  You don't have to do everything!  You weren't made to do EVERYTHING.  You have a specific and individual gift that you are supposed to cultivate and nourish.  We all must learn how to prioritize our purpose.

The Lord will always lead you to your purpose, especially when you make it a priority.  Check out that article by clicking the link below:

Prioritize Your Purpose!


I wanted to lead with that so that you can understand my passion for mental health.  I think taking care of your mind is a very necessary thing to do in order to keep living this life.  Remember what the Lord said through Paul:

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8



The following is what Rachel had to say on her about page about her life.  I like the fact that she gives her self grace.  She knows that she is only human and therefore she doesn't put a lot of expectations on herself.  She focuses on what she is good at, then she gets help with all the rest!


I’m Rachel Hollis, a proud working mama with four kids and an ultra hunky husband. I worship coffee like a deity, I read books like my life depends on it and think vodka with La Croix is one of the greatest inventions of the last decade. 

When it comes to women, there always seems to be a question about how we can balance everything. Girl, I don’t even try!

I’ve got four kids (one of which is the gorgeous queen I’m holding above) and whether I’m at home with them or at Chic HQ with the team, life is never calm and balanced. Instead, I embrace my chaos and seek only to feel centered amongst the flurry. The babies and housework and spreadsheets and meetings and 5th birthday parties to plan, along with a million other things that might overwhelm me? They are just a list of my many, many blessings.


Friends, I love sharing real people with you.  I think it is important to share with you a different perspective of what a follower of Christ looks like.  I love the fact that Rachel is a successful Christian that can share her perspective with us.  Learn more about the new book that is available for preorder "Girl, Stop Apologizing."  It will be out in March 2019.  Also, check out more about Rachel and Dave's new Pod Cast called "Rise Together," by clicking the link below.


I want to read this article, check it out and tell me what you think.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/usaandmain/2018/07/03/rachel-hollis-chic-site-author-blogger-motivating-women/749059002/


Also, this oh so cute site called "My Pint Sized Life," has some very good tips on how to have a lazy day!  Take a day, Check it out!

https://apintsizedlifeblog.com/2017/03/03/10-tips-lazy-day/


Don't try to do it all, but do what you were made to do.  Love you with the love of the Lord.

Until Next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment