Monday, August 13, 2018

Motivation for Monday: Don't Overcrowd Your Space

I don't believe in overcrowding.


Overcrowding for no reason is hoarding.


It is just not a healthy thing to do or a healthy way to live.



I started to think on this idea about having too much because I have too much stuff.  I have too much in my house.  I have too much on my to-do list.  I have too much stuff on this blog!  The Lord started speaking to me about getting rid of stuff.  He told me to think about the purpose of the things that I have. If it doesn't have a purpose, then get rid of it, or find a purpose for it.

Basically, if it has a purpose, keep it.  If you are already using it for a purpose, awesome, use it more effectively and more often.  Often times we hold on to gadgets, clothes, things, and stuff just to say that we have it.  However, if these things are not used for a purpose it is just taking up space.

 I started to apply this idea to my work.  The work that I do now is writing work, marketing type work.  I am trying to spread the good word of the my father in heaven.  I want to be a good worker, so I try hard, but probably not as efficiently as I could.  I probably need some more training on how to manage my time, my energy, and my resources to spread this message a little further.

I realized that not everything that I am doing to spread this message is profitable or purposeful.  I mean, of course, I started out for a particular purpose, but it just isn't working out the way that I want it.  Therefore I need another game plan.  I need to hone in and focus on what is working, then get rid of everything else.

Have you ever noticed that when you have too much stuff it is hard to stay organized?  It is so hard to keep things clean when you are overwhelmed with the dirty!  Well, this is how our lives are.  We often have too much stuff to do, too many people to see, and too many bills to pay.  We become overwhelmed by the too much!

It is time to clear out your mind.  It is time to clear out your space.  It is time to clear out your life.  Keep what is purposeful and needed.  Throw away all the things that you don't need.  This goes as far as saying:

Get rid of the activities that just drain you- you don't need them
Get rid of the bills that you can't pay- stop creating them
Throw away the old papers the old clothes and the old appliances- b/c you don't use them
Stop talking to the people who drain your energy and waste your valuable time- you don't need them
Throw away those old habits of procrastination and slothfulness- they don't help you
Throw away patterns of over eating and retail therapy- they don't heal you
Get rid of tasks that make you busy but not productive- they don't help you grow
So on and so forth. . .

When you get rid of the things that are not for a purpose, you can take steps in a more positive direction.

I am cleaning out this business life.  I need to first identify those things that are not beneficial to me.  For example, I know this blog is beneficial for three reasons right now:

#1  This is therapy for me to get my feelings out so that they are not all bottled up inside of me.  I suggest that everyone do some type of writing/journaling/ art making or something to help release their thoughts in a tangible way.

#2 I have a running record of my thoughts while I building my business.

#3 people are reading and it seems like it is helping people.

So, these are good things, but I have to evaluate if these things are the most efficient way for me to have my therapy, my record, and my service.  Is this blog creating more of a service or more of a hassle?

I am evaluating my life the same way and I am asking myself:  Are these people beneficial to the building of the Kingdom, or are they a hindrance?  Are these activities creating energy in my life or are they taking energy away.  Are my habits creating positive change in my life or are they a hindrance to my growth?

I am always evaluating and I have come to this conclusion:

keep the good
grow the potential
cut the baggage

Of course, not everything that we see as good is good, and not everything that we see as baggage is baggage.  This is truly something that you an I must consult the Lord in.  This is why I pray on the regular.

So, I will be looking at this blog a different way.  I think I will continue with the Live Life Project but gear it more towards resources for those who are depressed and can't find help.  The Live Life Project was the main reason why I started Motivation for Mondays, because I wanted to help people, but instead of that google + group growing people are leaving.  I noticed that there was just too much stuff on it that was not useful or helpful.  It was too hard to navigate through all the clutter posts.  Motivation doesn't last forever.  Some people really need help to navigate through this life.  I think there is potential in this group so I am going to keep it going.

I see potential in a lot of things.  I see potential in this blog.  I just have to reevaluate it's purpose.  I will be doing that this next month.

I see potential in my vision, so I am going to keep writing, no doubt.  I just need to figure out how I am going to grow more. . .


Here is your Motivation for Monday:


Keep growing, this is what you were made to do. . .



Your purpose is to grow.  You must get rid of the things in your life that are hindering you from growing.  Make that change.  Take the next steps to living your life on Purpose.  I mean really evaluate where you are and where you need to go.  Don't stay in a place that is heavy for you, a place that is draining you.  Don't stay in a place that is too busy and over crowded with a bunch of junk.  We have to stop putting up with it.  We have to stop feeding our energy to things that do not have a purpose.

So, my solution to my overcrowding is to cut some things lose.  I don't know what they all are yet, but I am starting today.

I'm going to make a list of 10 things I am getting rid off.

I'll keep you posted.

until next time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment