Sunday, June 18, 2017

Live Life Post 141: I know who God is!

I have to repent . . .

As we all do, everyday.  Because all though we think we know what we know, we really have to be mindful that there is a most high creator who knows all, sees all, and made all.

With that said I am proud to say that I have a relationship with God because I have a relationship with Christ.  But to say that I know God is an over statement!

Yes I know him from my perspective.   I have an understanding of him from what my experiences on earth have bee thus far . . . but I don't really know him, know him.  My desire is to know him and walk with him, and forever be in his presence.  I know that he wants me to know that he has everything in control.

I know that I love the Lord.  I know that he is the best thing for me.  I know that I want to learn how to serve him and live a totally surrendered life to his will, but do I really know him?  I know that he desires for us to know him better.  So with the understandings that we do hold, we try our best to let him lead us to understanding.

With all that said let me tell you why I need to repent.

I, on this very blog, wrote somethings like I had a complete understanding of who God was and how he operated.  I thought that I knew God's plan and that he had put me in the position to tell others what his plan was and how to obtain God's goodness.  However, there is nothing more that we can do to obtain God.  God is good all by himself.  He wants us to be able to live in his goodness.  There are just somethings that are blocking us from his goodness.  He has tried to tell us over and over and over again; Take my gift of salvation that I have offered to you in Jesus Christ and you will take part in the blessings I have for you.

I have heard this before.  I knew this.  Still I was determined to do better. "I know what I am doing"  I said to myself.  I thought that I knew things, I thought that I was cleaned of all my sins and that I knew the voice of God.  But on this very blog I was tried by a spirit that was not of God.  I was being led to write about positive energy, meditation, and self actualization.  All terms that I did not know would point people to eastern philosophies, metaphysics, and new age thought.

These types of things are not of God, but are from Satan and his Kingdom of Darkness.  God forgive me of my ignorance.  I say, thank you for the lesson and for the growth.  I pray that others are not fooled by this philosophy of new age thought, scientology, or eastern religion.  Oh God let everyone know that you are the one and true living God.  It is you that has made us and not we ourselves.  We are nothing without you.  We cannot self-actualize, self-improve, or self anything because you are the creator of everything.  It is only you that can make the increase.  Anything else, from anyone else but you, that seems like an increase is a lie and a trick of the enemy that does have a cost.  Let us not fall in false religion, or be trapped in pride by the spirit of leviathan.  Let us learn to humble ourselves.  Surrendering ourselves to your knowledge and your guidance.  Amen.

We are all ignorant of the intricacies of the mind of the Almighty God.  God showed me in Job, where he was correcting Job in this same prideful spirit.  Job thought he knew God and knew how God worked.  But when God finally answered Job he started asking Job all of these questions like:  "Who are you Job to know what my plans are?  Were you there at the beginning of creation, were you there when I set things in order, made the stars, the systems, the mysteries, the waters . . ." (totally paraphrased in my words)  Go back and read Job chapter 38 and chapter 39 in it's entirety.

4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
8Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
9When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

God is that awesome!  Why follow anyone or anything else.
We don't really know, what we think we know.

Develop your relationship with God and start your journey today.

Until next time.
-Tamorra




No comments:

Post a Comment