Monday, June 12, 2017

Live Life Post 136 "Did you Love Everybody, Really?"




Just came back from Washington DC! Had bunches of fun at my little sister's bachelorette party!

But


I'm exhausted . . . let's just say that I'm over 30 (maybe closer to 40) and I was the oldest one there.  I learned real quick that I just could not hang the way that I used to  . . . nor was my body prepared for the whole ordeal.  My feet hurt so bad at the end of the night (I mean dawn of the morning) that I thought they had ran away screaming "no more of heels!" like two little twin toddlers just learning how to say no.  But I was just half way sleep, and that ordeal didn't really happen.  I had to look down at my feet this morning to verify that they were indeed still attached. . .  I was just really tired and in need of some serious grown up sleep . . .




So, DC, thanks for the memories.  I said that I would go out to celebrate with my sister since she was tying the knot.  I wanted her to be happy and so did all of her friends. We had a great time .  . .

Remember when what you used to think was a good time, isn't a good time anymore? . . . We just don't live our lives the same way we used to when we were twenty . . . this is good.  This means we are growing up . . .

With that said,  I want everyone to remember where they came from and what God bought you through.  We were all young once and we remember the things that we used to do.  But as we grow and become older we do things different.  We think differently, and we see things differently.  So I say when God sends you someone younger to mentor or to be an inspiration to, don't forget that you were young once.  Try to remember the things that you used to do and why you did them.  You thought you were grown . . . Remember?

When God sends you someone to mentor don't overload them with everything that you think they should be doing or everything that the bible says that they should do.  This might be too much for a beginner in Christ.  You must me sensitive to their maturity and sensitive to their growth.

Everyone is different, but it is wise to be an encourager and not a condemner.  There is no condemnation in Christ.  Going around pointing the finger at everyone will do more harm then good.  Remember when we were young we "thought young"  and had a "young" understanding.  We didn't listen to our elders all the time, especially on the things we thought we knew were ok.  You know because we were GROWN!

Paul says:
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.  And now abided faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
I Corinthians 13:11-13


"Love is the thing you know?"

(Jennifer Hudson, Sex in the city)


Here goes the next part, you ready?


I am not going to rush this next part with my opinion in one short paragraph at the end of an already short post, but I am going to present a major discussion that causes great tension in the Christian community.

Now, many Christians can agree that we should love everybody, because love covers a multitude of sins and we love because God is love, and we love because it is important to spread the love of Jesus . . . so on and so forth . . . but do our actions show that we love everybody?

I bring this up because we were in Washington DC during Gay pride week, and we were surrounded by the LBGT community.  I didn't really have a problem with it, but I'm sure a lot of Christians would.  I mean, that with in itself is a prejudgment on older Christians but I think there is a lot of truth to it.  The Christian community is not known for it's love and acceptance towards the gay community.  Nor is the Gay community known for their love of Jesus Christ and search for God.  But there are people who are searching for a better understanding and need someone to mentor them through this Christian life.  All people are deserving to build a relationship with God.  Jesus made a way for this to be possible for everyone.

So, I ask you reader,  do you love everybody or do you just say that you do with a limited understanding of what love really is.  I wonder what God is going to tell us or ask us when we face him in that great day . . ."Did you love everybody, really?"

Where do you think we are in our development of understanding?  Are we still children when it comes to understanding God's plans for all of his people.  I will not limit God and his awesomeness.  Instead I pray that God shows us a way to reach all people.  Teaching, preaching, baptizing and claiming souls in the name of Jesus Christ.

I present to you some questions as I understand that this is a sensitive topic.  First,  I have to say this,  I love all people.  The LBGT community that I have known have all been some of the most loving, confident, and creative people I have ever met.  To me, especially being an artist, they exhibit many characteristics that encompass my tribe of people.  They would be a tremendous benefit to the building up of the Kingdom.  God wants their spirit!

So I ask you :

What are your feelings about gay people being part of the Church?

How do you feel about including the LBGT community in worship services?

How do you feel about witnessing to the LBGT community?

What is your approach when talking about Jesus with the LBGT community?

I will respect all opinions and comments.  Your comments will help me out as I'm working on a piece about being Gay and being Christian . . . What are your thoughts?

Remember to be sensitive to the needs of others.  Remember to be loving and not condemning.  We are all at different levels of understanding and so I pray that you continue to live a life dedicated to God and his purpose.  Reading your bible and developing your personal relationship with him.  Don't depend on your own understanding, but learn from God, he will direct you in the way you should go.

God bless you always on your journey to find your purpose.
Until Next Time.
-Tamorra


No comments:

Post a Comment