Wednesday, March 15, 2017

day 69 What do you do when you fail?

Day 69
3-15-2017

I am a writer and self proclaimed business women.  I'm  asking God to keep giving me ideas so that I can get paid for these talents. The thing is I'm not hitting my money making goals.  I'm failing and I'm not really sure what to do about it . . .

What do I always do when I feel down? I pray.

Not having money is definitely a trigger for me to be sad.  I went from earning money as a teacher to having to ask my husband for gas money.  How embarrassing, especially when I was so sure I would be making big blogging bucks by now.  I'm 7 months in, and all I have been doing is writing.  Writing e-books, writing blogs, writing query letters. . .

I claim myself to be a writer now.  This platform is supposed to be my daily practice to hone in on my skills.  I had set a goal to post each day this year, quickly convincing my self on day 5 that I would take the weekends off.  I also lackadaisically missed a few mid-week post here and there.  It wasn't until this week that I felt that I had fell completely off!

So, what do you do when you don't meet a goal?


Don't beat yourself up about it, that's not going to help you . . .

I know what I did yesterday . . . I stayed in bed, snow day for me and the kids, I didn't write at all.  I felt bad for not writing but knew that I had to quickly get my mind right.  I don't have time to stay sad because I have a vision for my life!

We can't spend too much time feeling down.  It is a normal thing, it is an emotion that we have to recognize, but then we have to get out of it as quickly as we can.  I keep my goals in mind and know that I have to push my self because I have a purpose in this earth.  I know I have to keep on going for my children, for my family, and for souls still waiting to hear the word of God.  Their are souls that need to be saved and words that need to be written . . .

So what do you do when you fail?


Get up and try again . . .

With some adjustments to my goals, I plan to launch a new niche site regarding living on purpose.  I will continue with videos, books, and purpose driven inspiration.  I'm working on it so  pray for me.  I will continue to post on this blogger site until I reach my 365 goal.  It might not happen with in the year but I will make 365 posts for purpose.  Stay tuned!

It is important to make plans just so that we have something to reach for.  However, it is important to understand that God holds the ultimate plan book and we have to make adjustments to the plan he has already written for us.  So when we fail, we just pray and ask God to redirect us so that we get on the right path again.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11 NIV


I'm just going to keep on praying, keeping on stretching, reaching, and planning.  I'll chip away at my goals, day by day.  I will not give up and I will not quit.  I will try harder tomorrow than I did today.  I will tell myself like I am telling you now . . .

God's got you!


until next time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment