Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Wisdom Wednesday: God's meditation brings Peace

Hello Friends,

If I could offer you any type of wisdom that will lead your soul to peace, I would simply advise you to meditate on the word of the Lord. . .

The Lord makes a way for me everyday to think on his word.  I am not describing a worldly definition of meditation.  We are not emptying the mind, but instead filling it with truthful thoughts.  The type of thoughts that we were meant to have are in the word of God.  We must start to influence the mind with the culture that our Lord and savior wants us to have.  We must renew our minds with right thinking.

What am I trying to say?


I am saying that our culture has a huge impact in the way we view the world.  Our culture seems to try to push the agenda of panic, revolution, and war.  It is almost like a program quietly being sent to our subconscious minds.  However, the Lord is sending us a different message.  He is sending us a message of peace, love, and forgiveness.  He is sending us a message of calm.  He wants us to stand on the word of truth and to stand still in his protection.  He will protect our spirits from all hurt, harm, and danger.  I believe this and I stand by this teaching.  Why?  Because I read the word of God and I know this is what he wants for us.

Let us be joyful friends.  Let us celebrate the victory of our Lord.  The Lord strong and mighty.  Our Lord mighty in battle. Let us trust that he has this whole thing under control.  Find your peace by believing his word.

I often hear the following verse recited in church service:

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God.  And the peace of God that passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7


I looked up this verse in the New living translation so that I could put it to language that my mind could remember and think clearly on. The following are the verses I was meditating on today:


Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


Philippians 4:4-7

I am at peace and I pray you are to.
Meditate on his word night and day
and it will bring you good success.

Keep living on Purpose
Until Next Time
Tamorra


And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:8-9 NLT



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete