Monday, May 14, 2018

Motivation for Monday: Downsizing

Image result for downsizing movie

Greetings friends,

I want to put it out there that life is hard.  We are experiencing it everyday.  We have moments of happiness and this is a blessing from God.  We also have moments where we are asking ourselves:

What is the meaning of it all?


I was watching a movie last night.  It was rather slow.  I haven't watched a movie in a while because I have been so busy with this blog and family things.  It was mother's day and I had decided to take a little time out for my self.  My mom and sister came over, we hung out.  We started to watch this movie "Downsizing."  My mom and Sister lost interest, we said our good byes, but something told me to keep watching it.

It was a very interesting movie about life and trying to find happiness in this life that we are living. . .

What is the meaning of it all?


Here is your motivation for Monday:

When you downsize your life, you can increase in Jesus.

Increasing your time with Jesus will lead you to your ultimate goal.  It will lead you to your true purpose in life.  You must decrease what you think you want so that Jesus can lead you to who you really are.


In the movie, the main character, played by Matt Damon, was having a hard time at life.  He couldn't quit seem to get what he desired to have.  He saved up his money but he couldn't afford the house that he thought he wanted.  He concluded that he could make his wife happy if he gave her the finer things.  He desired to give her all the luxury's of life so that she could be happy.  He thought that making her happy would make him happy.  This was not the case.

He eventually came up with the solution of going to this scientific facility that performed a "medical procedure" that could turn people small.  Yes, he was sure that the best thing for him and his wife to do was to become miniature human beings.  This way he could supposedly live a luxury life for a fraction of the price.  So, this married couple decided that together,  they would take their life savings of $152,000 and live as small people in this fictitious world created by this famous scientist.

The movie had many turns and twist but this is the main part that I want you to get.  Matt Damon's character, Paul, was in this great search to find happiness.  Consequently, he was willing to sacrifice his real life in order to live a fake one.  He went through this procedure to make his wife happy, his wife in turn betrayed him and did not go through  with the procedure.  She divorced him instead.  Now trapped in his smallness, depressed Paul tried to live his miniature life the best he could, fighting his loneliness, his depression, and his seeming failure at life.  The plot however thrusts Paul into self discovery by his work of helping others and praising Jesus.

I don't think people would have caught that praising Jesus part, but it was the most powerful part of the movie to me.

I want to ask you a question, who are you?  What are you doing with your life?


God is teaching me many things about who I am.  I thought I knew who I was, but God is showing me the real me.  Day by day I walk this journey with him.  I want to break free of the bondage that holds me to my way of thinking.  I know that God is taking me through a major medical procedure of the mind  in order to get me to realize who I really am. I must make this sacrifice of self discovery in order to live my journey.

You must live your own Journey!


I don't have to be everything to everybody.  This is just going to tire me out.  I don't have to make grand gestures of sacrifice for other people because it "might" be my path.  What I do have to do is be obedient to the voice of the Lord, everything else is a distraction.  This is what will help me grow, and this is what will help other people grow.  I have to be the help where I was made to be the help at. . . you must help where God needs you to help.

Another interesting part of the movie was when Paul thought that the world was going to end.  He visited this group who had a plan to live underground so that they could protect the human race from total annihilation.  Paul was quickly convinced that he was destined to be at that place, at that time, in order to join the cause and be underground for 8,000 years until the earth's surface corrected itself.  His friends that traveled with him tried to convince him that it was a cult and that he had real work to do elsewhere.  Paul being certain other wise, proceeded his decent down the 11 hour path to the deep dark hole of no return.  While thinking about the severity of his decision,  2 minutes into his dark path, he changed his mind and ran back to the surface to meet his friends.  Why?  Because he said that he knew who he was, he was Paul.

One of the biggest deceptions that the enemy tells us, is that we are something that we are not.  He tries to keep us in depression.  He tries to steal our time.  He tries to get you to go down a deep dark hole.  I am telling you friends no longer should we stand for this deception.  We need to open our minds up to the truth.  We are children of the living God.  He loves us too much to let us go.  He loves us too much to keep us is sorrow.  It is us who do the things that depress us.  We make the sacrifices that we think we need to make because we are trying to find our own happiness.  We need to let God lead us in our journey.  We need to trust God for the good things.

The enemy is going to try to entice you with promises of the good life.  He is going to wave the diamonds, the grand houses, the cars, and the parties at you in order to steal your purpose and you time.  Don't waste any more time chasing the false promises of the enemy.  Instead, let us do the work that we are supposed to do.  After we do that work, we praise Jesus.

Walk in your purpose to collide with your destiny.
Until Next Time
-Tamorra



Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Isaiah 43:19



learn more about this movie:

-"Wonder what would happen if scientists developed a technology for shrinking humans to a fraction of their normal size. Surely this could solve our ecological problems – miniaturised people would only require a fraction of the resources that we currently consume. But Downsizing shows this utopian project promptly being debased by human nature and, more specifically, by American capitalism. Entrepreneurs quickly learn to pitch miniaturisation as a luxury lifestyle option and build bland suburban-style micro-communities in which freshly shrunk new arrivals can find all their needs catered for, from sports centres to teeny branches of Tony Roma’s restaurant, all under one dome (the film’s standout moment is a magnificently cheesy sales pitch performed by Neil Patrick Harris). The film’s Everyman hero, Paul, played by Matt Damon, soon discovers that small isn’t necessarily beautiful: paradise proves to be just a microcosm, quite literally, of the ills of the bigger world."



https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jan/07/alexander-payne-downsizing-interview-matt-damon

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete